Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grannyicu

Need some ideals

grannyicu
15 years ago

I have a friend that found some rubber chickens, and I would love to have some ideals. Gag gifts are welcome. These chickens are so cute, I know these will be a great seller when I think of something. I had this one odeal and my g/f loved it. Boy she was laughing so hard she oops (p) on her self. Any way all ideals welcome......thanks jan

Don't know how to post a picture I would show them to you.

Comments (24)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Well, are they 1 inch or foot high? We need little more information. If a foot high maybe you could "dress" them in costumes. If 1 in. high whole different thing. Are they painted up cute or just tan or some other color rubber. Used in crafts or to throw a "dead chicken on a stage in a play"? Tell us more! Jan

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hay Jan there 8 in rubber chicken I have a picture if you wanna email me so you can post it. I thought about some chicken noodel soup. or broth boil this. any way I will show you the picture email me.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I haven't figured out how to post pic. either. Hope someone else can help you. 8 in. Chicken- I'm picturing a nest in a basket with bunch of plastic eggs & couple of baby chicks made of pompoms with sign saying something like "Whoa, how am I gonna raise all these chicks!" Cute Easter decoration anyway. Plastic eggs would have candy or treats in them! Sorry I'm not much help! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

If you want to email the pic to me, I will post it. Also here is a link to instructions on posting pics. I learned from this. One thing has changed for me, and I don't know if its my computer or if photobucket has changed and that is I can't just click on the html tag any more. I have to click on it so it highlights then right click and copy. It was a lot easier when I could just click and the word "copied" would appear briefly in a little box.
    kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post pictures

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Let me try this.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for html info. We are still having trouble getting them off computer onto photobucket. Then DD got 2 on & couldn't get other 2 on. So maybe needed to do what you said.My email-MSN gets harder to use each time they mess with it. Wish they would leave things alone. Guess would have to change sign with idea I gave above to read, Wheww, this egg business is making me molt, good thing Easter only comes once a year!! or "Who's going to sit on these eggs,where's the rooster when you need him!!" or "If you gave birth to this many, you'd be in bad shape too"(Thinking of gal out here with 14 kids!!!LOL Where they sold as gag gifts? Jan

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jan, one of my g/f found them. I thought make some gag gifts and some other gifts. They was 5 for 1.00 I couldn't say no. I have some gag gifts in mind. I want to make for hubby. Then I was seating here and thought of this one.
    Pulled all my feathers out.
    This chick has had it
    Kitchen is CLOSED....

Now looking for some cute ckicken clipart to make tags....

• TwoMonths
    15 years ago

How about shut them in the trunk of the car with a feather or two.

• Adella Bedella
    15 years ago

Those look like hat decorations to me.

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Where do you see hat decorations out of these? I am going to make chicken and noodels in a can.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Oh, that is so funny!! Where you going to put them on the hat???? Thanks for my laugh for the day!! The chicken & noodles sounds like it would work better. Need at least a 2 lb coffee can & chicken half out ,maybe tan rubber bands cut for noodles & sign saying," Hey, let me outta here!!!!" On the hat you could wrap his legs around the brim & say "slowdown you just knocked off all my feathers!!" Oh my!!!Show us pic of what you really do! Jan

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jan that sounds like a winner. I am trying to find someone that can make me a label for the big plastic coffee can. I don't know how to make stuff like that. I have some really cute and funny chicken pictures that I have found. I hope I can find some one to make me one. Also I was thinking sherded paper for the noodels. Any and all ideals still coming I hope. Hugs jan

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

I think you should do your "chicken and noodles" in a big gallon jar so the chicken will show through it. Bet you could use that fun foam stuff to cut the noodles out. Too funny!

I used to have a cloth chicken in that same shape with a tag on it saying something like "this chicks had it!". I had it hanging in my kitchen for a long time, and everyone always commented on it.

Luvs

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

When I get it made I will post a picture. I am also making a bad gag gift to give to my DH.

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

I was thinking to take a bread basket, lined with a pretty napkin..place chicken in the center and a batch of biscuits surrounding him-piled so that just the top half of the chicken shows. Then a sign sticking up that says :
    "NO! WAIT!...EAT MEAT!!"

Or affix the chicken wrapped around a bottle of wine along with a recipe card for "Coq A Vin" and a sign that says:
    "FINGER LICKEN' ( hic ) GOOD CHICKEN!"

An easter basket filled w/white & brown plastic eggs with the chicken lying across the top (or tied to the handle, with a sign that says:
    "YOU DECIDE WHO CAME FIRST!!"

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks great stuff. Will post when I get some stuff made.

• oddie
    15 years ago

grannyicu here is a site that has the blank template for the new coffee cans, go to the bottom for the blank one. do you have a print program you could take the template to and add you clipart, if not I would give it a try for you.
    looks like you guys are haveing fun with the chickens! will watch to see what you all come up with.
    oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: folgers coffee

• oddie
    15 years ago

if you are looking for chicken graphic give this site a try
    oddie

Here is a link that might be useful: graphic

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oddie please email me when youget a chance. Thanks

• grannyicu
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have to share this with you all.
    I got a can soup the other night and fixed this up. Stuck it back in the cabonet and told mark I wanted some soup. So he gets a can down went to pull the ring top and the whole top come off and out popped the chicken. Well I was hiding at the other door watching him and he was just laughing. Then he said hay hon this soup isn't any good. and brought it in to me. I had to laugh. Just watching his face. Soup I am going to make up some of these and put in a get well basket. Heheheheehe

• oddie
    14 years ago

Very clever! love your chicken soup! bet your hubby will think twice before opening a can of soup agine, you just never know what pops up in a crafters home LOL!
    oddie

• oddie
    14 years ago

Very clever! love your chicken soup! bet your hubby will think twice before opening a can of soup agine, you just never know what pops up in a crafters home LOL!
    oddie

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

I would sKewer them end to end around on a circular wire or wire wreath form. Then I would make a sign that said "Eat more beef". That would be a very funny kitchen/pantry door wreath. I would also glue white feathers all around the wreath. The eat more beef wooden sign could be in the shape of a butchers clever with black handle and silver blade.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Very funny!! Glad he has a sense of humor! Cute idea to give to the sick! Jan

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations