Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycle Scrap Paper-Beads, Pencils and A Desk Set

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 6, 10 at 21:28

Cover those pencils with the advertising logos and Holiday pictures on them. Cut a piece of paper 1" wide and as long as your pencil. Glue and wrap around pencil, spray with clear spray, or in my case...I used clear nail polish! lol

For the desk set, I bought an address book, a small calender, and a notepad, and a package of pencils. Then I used some tissue paper, and some embossed packing paper that came out of some dishes. It looks like leather with the tacky glue painted on it. I trimmed it with black middy braid. The pencil can is a cocoa can. I glued it all on with school glue, then went over it with tacky glue.
Paper Covered Desk Set

paper scraps covered pencils

Paper Beads Brown Handmade Paper Flower Shape Beads

I'm very sad my string was too short! What to do..what to do!
Have fun!
kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycle Scrap Paper-Beads, Pencils and A Desk Set

Very clever, Kudzu!

o

That's pretty cool. I could see some neat projects from this idea. The necklace is my favorite.

o

omg what a cool looking deck set, who wouldnt love that, nice gift idea, love the beads! can you tie on another piece of string, should be able to hide the knot, would be aufull to have to start over,love the desine of the neckless!
TFS!
oddie

o

Enjoyed looking at your cute puppies!! The beads are beautiful, hope you didn't have to redo them. Desk set looks very nice,usually nothing matches up. My DS had the soup can with glued on yarn around it & tuna can with yarn also, think that was for pins & paperclips. Glad your team was the winner!! They needed that after all these years!!Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here