Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How is this type of paint finish done?

Posted by gogwmos (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 21:15

I want to know how to get this finish on some crafts. I purchased some acrylic paints, my guess is paint the whole thing, let it dry, then dab other colors on? Are they metallic paints or do you do a metallic finish on the whole thing?

Here is a link that might be useful: paint finish

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How is this type of paint finish done?

I think I would do the pinkish base 1st then the silver/blue light color & let dry well then the darker colors almost look dripped on as they are "puddled" You could use all metallic paints or finish with Pearl Metallic by Folk Art as it would make the whole thing look metallic. You should try it out on a sample piece 1st to see how it goes. Jan

o

it looks like leafing they have all colors, you buy it in sheets ,take brush pick it up lay it on use brush to flatten out,beautiful.Really delicate.

o

LOL- that ebay seller is going to see tons of views for that item and wonder WHAT???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here