Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Remember the I'm Sorry Goblet/Glass

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 3, 10 at 21:15

I'd like to make one..but can't find the instructions or the poem. Anyone still have it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Remember the I'm Sorry Goblet/Glass

"I'm Sorry Glass" - In ancient times brides and grooms were given an extra glass. This wasn't an ordinary glass. It possessed a certain magical power. In all good marriages quarrels occur, and saying "I'm sorry" is always the hardest part. Hence the "I'm Sorry Glass". One of the partners would fill it with wine and present it to the other, and with its powers it would say, "I'm sorry - I love you, darling". It is a beautiful thought, a help, a glass to laugh over and keep forever.

o

Thanks! I'm wondering if anyone happens to have a picture of the glass.*S*

o

Bump I am sorry I don't have a picture of it but I remember it as a wine or goblet glass with the words I'm Sorry etched on one side.

This is what I have saved.

FORGIVENESS GLASS
You are probably wondering why you would receive just one glass as a gift, but this is a very special type of glass. It is called the FORGIVENESS GLASS May this be the least used gift you get.

It has just one use. As in any marriage, small arguments, disagreements, and even large scale fighting occurs. With these also comes tears, harsh words, walls of silence, etc., and happiness is gone. When you two are angry with each other, one of you should get this glass, fill it with any liquid, from water to champagne, bring it to the other, and the two of you share forgiveness. It does not matter who was right or wrong, do not count those times. Instead, count the blessings you two are sharing as husband and wife.

o
RE: A Goblet/Glass

Hey Bump! I did a quick search for apology glass, couldn't find a thing. Then tried forgiveness glass and this is the first one that came up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Keepsakes.com

o

Thank You Thank You Thank You!! Now I need to run to Hobby Lobby and get the Etching stuff!!!

o

That is cute...I may have to try this to...Might be cute for in my shop...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here