Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paper clip ideas?

Posted by mollyjanea (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 21:07

any ideas for embellishing paper-clips for my friends who work in offices? i want to make usable sets for gifts, along theme lines, like dogs or flowers or purple or whatever. i want to use beads or buttons i think, but am seeking how-to's, etc. thanks so much, molly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paper clip ideas?

What kind of paper clips are you talking about, the regular ones, bulldog, or butterfly? If it's the later how about
making office angels?

o

There was an office angel on here awhile ago with a poem to attach.

o

I have a poem that I use and I make the angels but I don't
know if the butterfly clips are the ones that Mollyjanea is
asking about. It would help to know then I could post what I
have here. Otherwise I don't have any craft ideas using
regular paper clips.

o

i googled this for you - hth

Here is a link that might be useful: altered paperclips

o

talking about regular clips. i think the altered paperclips are closest to what i'm looking for but wish there were pix...thanks, all!

o

Sorry I couldn't help more. Anyways, this is the only pic I could find.
http://www.scrapbook.com/scrapbook_layouts/data/566/medium/Valentines_Altered_Paper_Clip_Swap.jpg

o

Hope you will post some pics when you are done creating!

o

I am making a window covering for the small window on the door in my bedroom that opens on to our front verandah. I'm using different clips, clothespins, large colored paperclips, small toothed hair clips, etc., to clip pretty handkerchiefs to a thin flexible curtain rod.

o

Heres something I saw on another fourm
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=54353&PRODID=157503
check it out, the poster said they could be made with bottle caps
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

This would make a great 1st Class Postage Swap item. Thanks for asking the questions and thanks everyone for working so hard looking things up and it wasn't even my question.\

I have a paper to wear to honor holocaust victims.An idea that started in a little school about 2 hours north of me in the middle of no where. It's a great story and if you have the change to see the little documentry about these wonderful kids and their teachers it fabulous it's called "Paper Clips" and it airs on HBO quite often.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a link that might be useful: More ideas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here