Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photos on glass blocks

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 06 at 20:40

I would like to put a photo on a glass block and am wondering if I can attach it as it is (after re-sizing it) or would you have to scan it? If you scan it would you use regular paper or photo paper and what would you seal the picture with. I would like to make one for my dad with a picture of all of us kids and grandkids. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photos on glass blocks

I always scan mine and print them onto sticker paper then laminate them and take the back sheet off this leaves the front shiny.. I have also just used sticky tabs on the back of pictures if I am just using them temperary I used these for Table decroations for DD wedding with their engagement pictures on them... Just took them off replaced them and sold all the bricks with Christmas designs for Christmas...
grace

o

I print my picture on regular paper then spray it with glossy clear spray about 4 times on each side to give it a transparent look. Then I use spray adhesive to attach. Works great and I have done tons of them!

o

I print mine on the full sheet label paper, then spray it with several coats of Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze. Let dry, then just peel the back of the paper and stick to the block.

o
RE: Photos on glass blocks??

Oops...missed answering your question. I always scan my pics (to save the original), resize then print.

o

I would scan it into a photo program then edit it in there and print it on InkJet Clear (window) Decals. You could also try experimenting with the Temp Tatoo paper also. I know you can get these at an office supply store as well as some online computer craft paper stores. Then do what you normally would for coating it.

Never use an origional..you can't repace it.

o

Thank you so very much for the help. It is much appreciated.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here