Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Spring bunnies

oddie
16 years ago

Been playing with the bed springs agine, heres my frist one, nose kinda messed up but still cute!

{{gwi:1475079}}

next is pretty much the same different colors.

Next is made from a washcloth, doult I will make another one of these to much trouble getting the washcloth glued on right!

so what do you think?

oddie

Comments (21)

• gram_NH
    16 years ago

Oddie, Oddie, Oddie! I have said it before, but just have to say it again.....you AMAZE me!!!

Those are without a doubt the cutest bunnies I have ever seen!

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

I like the spring concept particularly with the bunnies. (Kangaroos would also be fun, I think.)

What cute bunnies they are, too. Hats and everything-- all dressed up and ready to go.

You do lovely work, Oddie!
    -Jenn

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

what adorable looking bunnies - love the spring concept - that is so unique. My mind is working overtime here - I don't have the springs but I do have the wire and could shape it around a cone and end up with the same effect - I already have the large beads and hats from another craft project - uuummmmm - I see bunnies 'springing' up around my house - thanks for the idea......

Lynne

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thank you! I sooo love crafting bunnies!
    wanted to ask if there was anything you would change? does the plain black eyes work the way they are, on the frist two?
    I painted the spring then wondered if the second bunny would look better with the spring left kinda rusted look, if so what color would you do the face and ears, could tea stain the ears maybe but cant think what to do for the face, guess you would call that a prim look, open to ideas!
    Jenn think I will leave the kangaroos to you LOL!
    gram_nh you are so nice! these are just a project that seems to work for me.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

oh these are so cute!! I really love the last one a lot!!
    A great job as always!!

ginger

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

had to post another photo of the frist bunny, didnt like that one.

Thank you! lynne , I posted once on useing heavy wire if you cant find the bed springs, sounds like you have it figured out, will love to see photos you know!
    Thanks ginger! as always I look forward to hearing from you! that bunnie was tough to do, the tail is a light pink dont know why it looks orange in the photo.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

These just made me say "Awwww", they are so cute and I have a thing for bunnies. Love the little daisies you used on the first two, and their little faces are just perfect, You always do the details so well. I really love the last one--those snap eyes are great, and I love the texture of the terry cloth. They are perfect, Oddie, and so cute. Luvs

Jenn, kangaroos????? Did you come up with that because of the springs? You made me chuckle. ;o)

Luvs

• Adella Bedella
    16 years ago

Those are cute! Now, I want some bedsprings.

• maddya
    16 years ago

Oddie,
    The bunnies are so adorable.....you really have a special knack at these things....of course I would love the washcloth ones the best.....and I think a really, rustic tea stained one would be sweet. AND I am sure you could make one looking OH SO country.
    Maddya

• thrift_shop_romantic
    16 years ago

Yup, Luvs-- you totally know how my brain works now-- I was thinking bouncy animals and the kangaroo, er, sprung to mind.

It probably wouldn't need to be drastically different than the bunnies, but brown and with a long thick tail.

The terry cloth bunny is my particular fav, but I kind of want to tweak them all. :)

--Jenn

• luvs2click
    16 years ago

A question for Oddie. I am doing a spring garden fair in June (craft show). Everything of course has to be garden related. I have a 5 gallon bucket of these springs that are kind of rusted, but look great. Do you have any ideas for garden decor using them? THANKS!
    Arlene

• luvs2click
    16 years ago

Oddie, I forgot to say the bunnies are awesome. I especially like the terry cloth one. So cute!
    Arlene

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

JUST LOVELY Oddie, those bunnies are tooooooo cute. You did a great job on all of them.

Sal

• gram_NH
    16 years ago

Arlene, Have seen lots of your things on GJ.
    I actually have your album saved somewhere, and it is about that time of year with a HUGE snowcover that I take a look at it again! Love those garden pics!!

Oddie did a scarecrow and pumpkin spring awhile back that might be appropriate. Can you share some of the things you have done in the past for this show?

Here is the link to the scarecrow

Here is a link that might be useful: Oddies scarecrow and pumpkin

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Oh Oddie!! Everything you do turns into pure JOY!!!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! soooo glad the bunnies were enjoyed! still want to do a prim style of one.
    Have racked my poor brain trying to think of what else I can do with the springs, for spring or garden maybe a fairy, garden angel, a stuffed fabric flower glued on top could be a pin cushion, bow on top, pretty small flowers with a vine wraped around the spring, sorta like a small flower tree, cant find the post but in one someone here posted turing them upside down and useing them for vase or candle holder cant remenber anymore about them, maybe they will post agine, did a search and nothing much comes up but saw this photo and saved it, think its to hold wine bottles,

{{gwi:1475085}}
    just about all I can think of right now, maybe others will help, anyone have any more ideas?
    Luvs I knew you loved bunnies! kinda like snowman hun! just gotta love em!
    thanks agine for all the nice compliments!
    oddie

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

one more thing I forgot to say, if you like the rusted look, just sand the spring to remove the rust standing, use a mat sealer spray the spring and dust with cinnamon, spray agine to seal after dry, gives a nicer look to the spring!
    not hard to paint, just get as much rust off as you can,then use a good spray paint.
    oddie

• luvs2click
    16 years ago

Gram this is my first time to do this show. I usually only do fall shows, so I am excited about it! I am making fairy houses and miniature fairy gardens in old recycled enamel basins and pans. Thanks for the comments on my photo site - I love to look at them also this time of year. I'll post the link here so others can take a peek if they want.

Thanks for the advice, Oddie, I will give it more thought. A fairy of some type would be perfect, but would be challenging to figure out what materials could be out in the weather. I actually had forgotten I have these springs until I saw your bunnies.
    Perhaps I could turn them upside down somehow to hold a candle and call them "fairy lights". Hmmm...will have to get my brain in gear.

Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: My flickr photosite

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Hmmm, maybe just attach a wooden or metal flower to the spring and call it a "Spring Flower"! LOL

Luvs

• sjarz
    16 years ago

I love the washcloth bunny! And the serious expression on the first one is just too much! As always, beautiful work...
    Suzan J

• annabell40
    16 years ago

The washcloth bunny is my favorite too..what a great idea for a guest bathroom...wow

Anna

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm