Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grams33

plastic canvas kleenex cover

grams33
15 years ago

Does anyone have a pattern for making a tissue box cover with yarn and plastic canvas? I am interested in the rectangular one. A friend in the Nursing Home wants to make one.Thankjs in advance

Comments (4)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Can you give us some idea on what she would like? I have some old plastic canvas books & could copy off 1 & send it to you. I'vd have to get my books out & see what I have. I like floral, I've seen some with animals, just a pattern & in 1 color. I only took the magazine a couple of yrs so don't have too much. But if you find out what she likes, maybe beach design or flowers or if she doesn't know ask her what colors she wants to work with. That way she won't be disappointed with a rainbow pattern when she likes soft pinks or pretty blues!! Most are for short height Kleenix box-rectangle about 2 1/2 in height I think,I just sorted out all that stuff yesterday. Found a started duck with white background- I'll never finish it. I got some kits when friend died but don't know if any are Kleenix boxes, I'll have to see tomorrow night. Jan

• grams33
    Original Author
    15 years ago

SunnyCA just the simpilest one/ Just diagonal stitches in each square-like over tw0 then 3 then 4 and reverse. I need the pattern to make the shapes mostly but if you have the other instructions she could have them to read too. Thank you for responding.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I found 1 it's for large Kleenix box. 9 7/8w x 3 3/4 h x 5 3/8 d (fits box 9 5/8x 3 1/2 x5 1/8) so needs to be 1/4 in larger than box all around. Top66x35 threads leave 15 holes from each end to make slitso cut in the 16th hole & 14 holes up from top & bottom of long sides for the long part of slit so cut in the 15th (slit is 6 holes wide 35 holes long. I'm counting them) Now the side is 66 x 25 threads(24 holes by 65) make 2 take (1 off to go by holes.) I always go by holes End pieces35 x 25 threads(34x24) make 2 Hope I didn't leave anything out. Guess you know the plastic canvas comes in 2 types, 1 soft & easy to bend, other stiff for projects like this. But if you have it on hand could use either, the soft stuff more likely to get broke. I think probably need about 2 sheets, I'm tired so not thinking too clearly. Let me know if you need anything else. I came across my books the other day & couldn't find them tonight, I was up at 5:30 this morning so getting a little blurry eyed- going to bed soon.

• grams33
    Original Author
    15 years ago

SunnyCa Thank you . I will give it a try before giving it to her.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor