Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
E2000 glue

Posted by aniokle (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 15:55

Hi! I am new here and saw the plate flowers and wonder if the E2000 glue is good enouugh to use for this project. Appreciate all answers. aniokle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: E2000 glue

I beieve you mean E6000 glue. It is an excellent product for adhearing glass to glass. Follow the directions. I had a happy accident and found out that you can seperate the two pieces of glass by heating the item in the oven at 350� for ten minutes... Sometimes they need to be seperated...HTH

o

I use ge silicone ii for windows and doors clear, as do most people over on garden web who leave them out in all kinds of weather. If you do use e6000 I'd love to hear how it goes.
Kathy

o

grandma bonnie, how interesting to hear you can separate the two pieces of glass by heating it up when you use E6000. I've been using E6000 for three years for all my garden totems and glass flowers and a few times I had wished I could separate something I wanted to change. Once glued on nothing comes apart even in the 110 degree summers. I'll definitely give this a try! Does the glue start to drip off and do you have to use Goo Off to remove it completely from the two pieces? Thanks for the idea. I've tried using GE Silicone II but even though it says it dries clear mine dries opaque. Don't know why.
Marilyn

o

I love this glue, it works great!!

o

..trying again... I didn't try to make the glue come off completely. There is some residue - I guess you ould try to heat it again to get the rest off...

o

E6000 is a great glue, but I've read it isn't good for outside use. I guess you proved that wrong, flowers12. The only thing I have against it is that it's strong odor.

o

Laura - I uually use it outside.. I put a bead of glue (small bead) aound the bottom of the mason jar an another one on the top of the candlestick holder - wait 3-4 minutes for it to form a skin - then put them together to cure (three days for a solid cure) If you use too much, it'll take three WEEKS for it to cure...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here