Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aniokle

E2000 glue

aniokle
12 years ago

Hi! I am new here and saw the plate flowers and wonder if the E2000 glue is good enouugh to use for this project. Appreciate all answers. aniokle

Comments (16)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I use ge silicone ii for windows and doors clear, as do most people over on garden web who leave them out in all kinds of weather. If you do use e6000 I'd love to hear how it goes.
    Kathy

• flowers12
    12 years ago

grandma bonnie, how interesting to hear you can separate the two pieces of glass by heating it up when you use E6000. I've been using E6000 for three years for all my garden totems and glass flowers and a few times I had wished I could separate something I wanted to change. Once glued on nothing comes apart even in the 110 degree summers. I'll definitely give this a try! Does the glue start to drip off and do you have to use Goo Off to remove it completely from the two pieces? Thanks for the idea. I've tried using GE Silicone II but even though it says it dries clear mine dries opaque. Don't know why.
    Marilyn

• teacherpreacher
    12 years ago

I love this glue, it works great!!

• grandma_bonnie
    12 years ago

..trying again... I didn't try to make the glue come off completely. There is some residue - I guess you ould try to heat it again to get the rest off...

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

E6000 is a great glue, but I've read it isn't good for outside use. I guess you proved that wrong, flowers12. The only thing I have against it is that it's strong odor.

• grandma_bonnie
    12 years ago

Laura - I uually use it outside.. I put a bead of glue (small bead) aound the bottom of the mason jar an another one on the top of the candlestick holder - wait 3-4 minutes for it to form a skin - then put them together to cure (three days for a solid cure) If you use too much, it'll take three WEEKS for it to cure...

• sduzin70
    6 years ago

Grandma Bonnie's oven method works perfectly! Just separated 4 pieces...took about 15-20 minutes! Brilliant! Thank you!

• sunnyca_gw
    6 years ago

My Bible I take to church, real leather came loose from the cover (Leather part) as I dropped it. I had repaired it once several years ago with E6000 after I asked at a bookstore if they could fix it & they said they could send it to Nashville(what would that cost,wow) so it worked before, well, my E6000 was a little old so I had to split open the tube with a thick needle & ran in up & down the inside of p[art you would see if it was on a bookshelf with other books, I then held it for couple of minutes & put that part against a wall & a heavy dictionary on top of it all night. Good as new! Will work with any book!

• HU-829681134
    4 years ago

I like your glue however ihave had to throw away a number of 4 tubes away because of the metal tube being over half full. I have arthritis and i cant squeeze the glue without a tear in the tube. I imagine most folks can handle the tube, i do crafts and i need your glue it works good but i cant afford buying then tossing ir away.

• HU-829681134
    4 years ago

Consider people who have arthritis however your adhesive is

• flowers12
    4 years ago

You can use one of those toothpaste squeezers and that should help you.

• sunnyca_gw
    4 years ago

Something I do with toothpaste, take a mascara & hold the toothpaste & run the mascara from bottom of tube to as close to top as it will go. Same thing will work with glue tube, could use a rolling pin on the glue tube or a round handled sscrewdriver. Anything round & place the glue on a hard surface & press down to get glue to move up, that way you can use both hands.

• HU-984649765
    4 years ago

I would like to know what happened to E2000 glue. I used to buy it at HOME DEPOT but cannot and it any more. I used it for large ceramic pieces that are outside.

• Sunny Ja
    4 years ago

It's E6000 I get it at Walmart.

• flowers12
    4 years ago

I always used the UV6800 and once I was looking for it and couldn't find it. They changed the E6800 to be UV Resistant. Works great and doesn't get brown in the sun after time. I buy it at Ace Hardware. I've also ordered it online. Did you know that the date at the bottom of the tube is good for two years?

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County