Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Non-crafter looking for advice

hhireno
15 years ago

Hello all,

First a confession, I'm not a crafty person. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler; I measure twice, cut once and still get it wrong. Along with all my decorating ideas (I usually hang-out in the Home Dec forum), I have craft ideas but lack the knowledge & skill to make things happen. I sometimes look over here & see some really clever projects.

Anyhoo, I've been saving wine corks for years. I saw a wreath made out of corks & it was so unusual I thought "hey, maybe I can do that!?" Yeah, well maybe but I'm not sure how.

I was thinking if I started with a foam ring and then glued them on &/or to get extra height/dimension/layers I could stick some on the end of bamboo skewers & stick them in the foam. Does that sound like it could work? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have a really large wall to put in on so is a foam base ring the best choice or are they other, larger rings that might work? Would regular hot glue work? What about if the wreath is in a hot, sunny area - would the glue hold?

Another idea is to make trivets. How would I make those? What about a memo/cork board? Should I get someone to build a basic frame/box and glue them in? Would one of those paintable wooden trays (like at Michael's) work for that?

I can spend hours in craft stores - all those interesting things that I don't know how to use - it's like a foreign country to me. Thanks for any advice you can offer, Jean

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County