Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Artist Trading Cards?

Posted by itsmesuzq (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 2, 07 at 15:17

I'm trying to find out where you can buy those artist trading cards that you trade with other people through the mail. I would love to create miniture works of art and then send them to others; along with getting theirs in return. But I'm wondering where do you buy the cards?

I found a couple of web sites where you can register and then send and receive the cards. But no where on those sites to they give you any information where you can get the cards to make.

Anybody out there know what I'm talking about?

Thanks so much ~Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Artist Trading Cards?

Just use cardstock and cut the dimensions to 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 inches. Decorate anyway you want to and sign your name and info that you want others to know on the back. That is what we do when we do the scrapbooking ATC cards.

o

It was either Paint Works or Quick and Easy Painting that had an artists trading card project(s). You might check their web sites and see what you can find on there.

Sal

o

I have posted a link below that gives an explanation about ATC, basics, etc. Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artist Trading Card Information

o

The great thing about ATC's is there is only one rule and that's the size. That is sometimes intimidating.
These are a great way to experiment with new and unusual art!! I hope you decide to share your work with us I'd love to see it!!
There are several galleries online, along with specialized groups just for ATC's and ATC Swaps on Yahoo.

good luck,
ginger

o

Thank you all for posting about this...I have wanted to do them but never knew how to go about it.

patti

o
re: artist trading cards? thank all of you!!!

Oh my gosh....my sincere thanks to all who replied to my question. I love the site that Woodsy posted. And all your replies are so appreciated! I'm a regular lurker/poster on the KT....but I think I just found another "home".

Thanks again ~Susan

o

you're welcome!...be sure to post pictures when you get some done!!

o

Here's a link to the Artist Trading Cards topic on Craftster. I haven't done any of these, but I keep looking at them thinking that I'd like to try it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Artist Trading Cards

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here