Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wholesale Prices

Posted by sameboat (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 20, 09 at 14:50

How do I find out what supplies will cost me wholesale? I found a great site for craft materials and I've been purchasing retail and not making money. In order to see if it's worth my while to go ahead and form a business, I need to know what the supplies are wholesale. However, the company I am dealing with will not show me their wholesale prices until I show them a business certificate. It's like this for many online wholesalers of silk flowers. I am not trying to get around paying retail, just trying to come up with a realistic business plan. Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wholesale Prices

the only way to buy whole sale is to buy a business license and register your business name. This puts you in the data base of a taxable business. I have a home based floral and event decor company- very small, but receive all kinds of wholesale catalogs and can register at many sites for future use. you have to pay taxes monthly or quarterly on all sales. depending on the industry, true wholesale is2-3 times less than retail price depending on items ,even if you buy retail from some craft stores you can register as tax exempt.

o
RE: Wholesale Prices

I was able to register on one site after all - I don't plan to purchase anything until I actually have something going on. But it was very good to see the wholesale prices. At least now I realize you really can make some money if you get your supplies for the right price! Paying retail is a good practice for me for now. I was wondering if I could just use my ss # instead of registering as a business. I'll have to think about how to go about creating a business. I work now and am just doing this for fun (crafting) on eBay on the side. Thank you for your response!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here