Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bought Fleece on sale on my lunch hour

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 14:48

Okay friends, I have no stocks in Hancocks, or do I work for them.. However; today on my lunch hour, which I never take at work, I went to Hancock fabrics and got the best deal on fleece. $2.99 a yard and it is soo nice.. other more expensive fleece was also on sale 50% off and 40% off and some 30% off.. so I bought up a bunch..LOL never have to much fleece.. and the colors are so pretty.. I want to see if I can make just one layer fleece blanket for premies, and instead of tying the ends.. use my cutter with a scallop wheel on it and cut two blankets out of one yard to see just how big they would be , I am thinking they would be just right for the tiny babies.. that would make them about 18 x 30 which I think would be just about right. and with the warmer weather just around the corner they could use them up into spring. whatcha you all think??
Huggy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bought Fleece on sale on my lunch hour

I think that is great of you to make them for preemies. Do you take them to your local PEDS unit? My GD was in one in Austin and they were so good to her and there was one lady that crocheted little blankets for each one. I have made some smaller "pillow" blankets for the babies in Haiti. I understand the babies there are laid on floors on cardboard or newspapers. I think it sound a good size. Might try one on a baby doll to see how it fits. I love fleece. We get ads sometimes for Hancock but the store has closed down I think. Mostly we get Joannes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here