Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

A Southern Zen Garden

kudzukween
15 years ago

check it out, i saw these at a church fundraiser and had to copy :D old spice bottle,sand,shells,pearls,glass,sequins,beads....tie a shell on with raffia. great gifts for anyone any age, or for anyone to make.

kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Comments (3)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Very cute!! Great way for someone to take their vacation home. Just gather up some sand, shells & beach glass & put it all in little bottle when you get home!! Great idea Kudzu!! Glad you're doing a bit better & crafting again!! I'm trying to make sense of my out of control craft room!! I finally got smart & changed way I store yarn. I did it by color, ha!!! Now I'm doing it by seasons. I have comforter zip bag full of xmas yarns, another full of fall colors, another with baby yarns, another with whites, 2 with full skeins & big pounders I think they are called. 1 bag is curly, nubby,angora, big soft stuff & course thick stuff. All the ones that don't belong anywhere. 1 bag left & that is where all my felt squares & yardage goes so little critters can't eat holes in it. Then the nice warm day called to me & I ended up trimming up 4 more roses. Have 4 minis left to do. Should look for help on organizing craft rooms but pics I've cut from magazines never seem to help much. Oh well, tomorrow it may look a little easier!!LOL Jan

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Kudzu, thanks for posting this. I had just told DH that we need to get over to beach so I can collect some sand to take back to our niece in Mo. this summer. When she was out here for a visit, she absolutely loved the beach and wished she could live here. I would have just scooped up a bottle of sand, but your idea is so much better!

Jan, your organizing ideas sound good. Lots of work isn't it? I keep trying to clear out some of my "stuff", but then I start thinking of what I was going to make or the "maybe I'd better keep that to do crafts with little GD someday". The www.bhg.com website is all about organizing this month in case you want to take a look. Good luck.

Luvs

• Barbara Kelly
    15 years ago

I did exactly that, with beach sand and shells, starfish bits, beach glass, and drift wood, from my first trip to the USVI's. I did it in a large jug type bottle, and then painted a scene from the island on the front of the bottle. Tie some raffia on, glue shells on the ends, it looks great.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA