Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huggybear_2008

edges and fringe on fleece blankets

huggybear_2008
15 years ago

Here are two different kinds of edges and fringe for your single layer fleece blankets I am going to sew around the entire blanket with a fancy stitch right above the fringe the yellow one.. and also will sew just above the fringe on the rabbit ear fringed one too. the yellow was done with my scalloped edge rotor cutter

Huggy

Comments (12)

• leveta
    15 years ago

show pic's after you get it done....please...

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

okay I will. I have to make a baby blanket tonight for tomorrow for family member who I did not know was going to be at my son's house when we go there tomorrow so now I have make sure I have their baby blanket done.. so as soon as I get back to these baby blankets I will take pics..
    Huggy

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    15 years ago

How do you do the rabbit ear?

• sherwoodva
    15 years ago

Huggy, the rabbit ear one is adorable. What a cute way to dress up a blanket. Hope you had a great visit with your son.

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

here is what I did instead of using fringe on single layer receiving blankets made from fleece to send to hospital rec

and this is the special fabric I found for the premies..

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is the blanket I made for my nephew and his wife their first baby girl due anytime.. this was before I did the fringe on this one.. it is pink and the back is sorta a rose color.. I used my scalloped edge rotor cutter to cut the fringe.. when completed I will post another picture..

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

sunnyca, I have not done the rabbit ears yet.. but plan on it on one of the next blanket I make.. but here are directions. It came from this web site

http://www.linusidaho.org/finishafleeceblanket.htm

Picket Fence & Bunny (or Hounds) Ears:
    Cut fringe 1 1/4" wide x 2" long. Cut ends as shown in picture.

Optional: Cut a small slit (no longer than 1/4" long) at the base of the fringe. Pull fringe through the hole to make a "Bunny Ear." If you don't make the end pointy - you have a "Hounds Ear."

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If you go and check out the web site
    http://www.linusidaho.org/finishafleeceblanket.htm
    they give you many tips on making the blankets and also tips on laundry.. I have always been told not to use Liquid fabric softner in your washer. it does something to the fleece fabric and it will not keep its softness.. you can use fabric sheets in the dryer, but if they are going to the hospital I do not use them in the dryer either as the chemicals in the dryer sheets could hurt the tiny babies.. I use a mild laundry soap and that is it.. no softners at all.
    Huggy

• amberscu
    15 years ago

I really like the scalloped edge!!

How often do you use your scalloped edge cutter? Just wondering if it's worth the cost.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks,huggybear!! I really like the edges & GF is going to be greatgrandma again soon, she likes to sew so this should be nice project for her. Did you ever use scissors for the edge or would it be too hard? Probably too hard on hands as mostly for cutting papers. Jan

• huggybear_2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning all, Amberscu and Sunnyca to answer your questions.. I just got my scalloped blade for my rotary cutter and have been using the heck out of it.. I also bought a new rotary cutter as mine was older and was not the same one for that blade Huggy

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996