Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorative Willow Balls

Posted by cindylouhoo (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 08 at 13:50

I bought 3 of these from Pier 1. They remind me of grapevine wreaths. I want to use them in an antique wooden bowl for decoration. However, it seems like too much brown/tan. I'd like to add some color to them that would look natural/organic. I was thinking of gluing some green floral moss to one. I'd like to do something in red for another one & keep the 3rd natural. Any suggestions?
Mine are similar to the smaller Banana Bark Balls on this link but with thinner stems and more "holey."

Here is a link that might be useful: Similar ball

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorative Willow Balls

Get some craft paint in a red that you like, and do some dry brushing of little areas here and there on the ball. If you want an organic feel, tho, I would be more likely to dry brush with touches of copper paint instead. I think it would add a bit of highlight and glow, but still have a warmer feel as copper would.

o

Try to find some dried red currant berries,you could glue them on, or instead of gluing the moss, try arranging it underneath the balls, along with some of the berries. Maybe you could tuck in a little bird for fun. Not sure how large your bowl is.

o

you can also dye them with Rit Dye...it gives a translucent color that looks quite natural!

o

Cindylouhoo, all of the above are good suggestions, and I don't have any more to add, I just wanted to tell you that I visited your Etsy site and you really make some cute things. Nice to have you coming by here too. ;o) Luvs

o

Oops! Cindylouhoo, I got the wrong person. It was Sadieloowho on the Etsy site. Sorry for the mistaken identity. Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here