Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

what is everyone working on ?

oddie
17 years ago

Its cold, the car wont start so I can run to hobby lobby for some beads, guess its like me and dont want to go in the cold!

so I been playing with my woodburner, if you can guess the flower then maybe its not to bad.

Thinking spring

oddie

Comments (15)

• toomuchglass
    17 years ago

Right now I'm making stained glass jewelry and mosaicing things. I'm hibernating - it's too cold out there ! LOL

• delaniemae
    17 years ago

My daughter taught me the basics of how to knit this weekend, so I'm doing that and making jewelry. I went to some antique stores and found some inexpensive necklaces to take apart and jewelry findings were 1/2 price last week at Hobby Lobby. It actually got into the lower 60's here yesterday, but overnight the temps dropped again. It sure was nice to have a warm day and it got a lot of the ice and snow we have had for the past month melted.

• thrift_shop_romantic
    17 years ago

Hey, Oddie-
    So you really did go ahead and break out the ol' woodburner! You'd mentioned you would-- Yay!

I'm trying to finish off some plate rail shelves to hang in my kitchen-- but it feels like I've been staining and topcoating the little buggers for weeks.

You all are making me jealous of Hobby Lobby. We don't have them here in Western PA, but I keep hearing such great things!

Take care and keep warm!
    -Jenn
    http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

• qtiemom
    17 years ago

I am working on all my Valentine's day stuff. I have a show Saturday. I am making chocolate kiss rose arrangements and candy bouquets. Almost done!

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Love hearing what everyone is working on, now some photos please! Jenn I saw the woodburning picture of the woman you done, OMG what a beautiful job!I could never do that, if you have not seen it take a look, its under jenns post on woodburning, you should be very prould! you can order from hobby lobby, not like going to the store, but second best.Toomuchglass would love to see photos of your work Iam sure they are beautiful! Delaniemae , I will have to check out the antique stores for jewelry, I tried kniting years ago dont think its my thing, but gosh I have seen some pretty things made! qtiemom, would love to see photos of your valentine's projects, let us know how your show went.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• honeysuckleridge
    17 years ago

Finishing up Valentine orders of all sorts...
    {{gwi:1474893}}

{{gwi:1474894}}

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG Ginger, they are sooo beautiful!!!! bet you are kept so busy this time of the year, I love the red one the best! been keeping a eye on your e-bay page, and of course everything is BEAUTIFUL !!! I am still playing with the beads, even broke down and brought a crimmper tool and some real beads.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• thrift_shop_romantic
    17 years ago

Heh, thanks for the promo, Oddie. :-) The woodburned lady didn't turn out too bad herself, but I still think some of the pattern work on the box needs a little help. Possibly if I do the project a second time I'll have it a little more even.

Ginger, the bracelets are just marvelous. Great style and color combos. The pink with bits of glass picture beads is breathtaking.

-Jenn

• honeysuckleridge
    17 years ago

Thank you so much ladies!! I'm so pooped I took today off...I think I would have gone cross eyed if I had to do one more.
    Most all my jewelry is done, it's the other gift items that will be the death of me I think. Gift Baskets, Candy Bouquets and such.
    I thank God my hubby is a good delivery guy he always takes Valentine's day off to help me and my sister well she seems to be my biggest sales person..but she picks up,delivers and collects too. God bless them both!

thanks again you guys are way too kind!!
    ginger

• goose53
    17 years ago

Oddie, the Dogwood blossoms are beautiful! not working on anything at present, can't get motivated....

• williamsburgjane
    17 years ago

Working on a hand embroidered baby quilt and some woven scarfs. Oddie, I really like your dogwood blooms. The dogwood is our state tree too. :o)

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for your nice compliments, hubby told me I was useing the worng tip to woodburn, I tried the right one and it sure isnt any eaiser. I lived in Quantico Va in the 70s , when it was just a small town, had my fristborn there, beautiful state!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• thrift_shop_romantic
    17 years ago

Oddie, I don't know about the tip being wrong per se-- the lines look nicely controlled. As far as woodburning goes, that's a serious accomplishment. Some woodburning tips do just feel like they work better than others, I guess.

--Jenn

• Woodsy
    17 years ago

Jenn...where in Western PA are you? I live in Beaver County.
    I've been sewing wall organizers for my sewing/craft/whatever room. Getting ready to make Spiderman curtains for my grandson's bedroom.
    Woodsy

• primitiveartdeco
    17 years ago

I just found this forum and I think it's great!!

I'm working on some switch covers and burner covers (painting). I'm almost finished with those, so I may do some sewing. It's entirely too cold to get out much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Primitive Art Deco

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz