Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
price of gas where you live

Posted by grandma_bonnie (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 12 at 12:50

Price has gone up 30 cents since the first of the month and I have been told it will go up to $5 by July so I am raising my prices on my crafts to help recoup my expenses - This morning, it was $4.29 a gallon! Helped me make up my mind... I travel to places up to 135 miles away to different shows...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: price of gas where you live

Up to $3.59 here today. Last week they dropped the price 10 cents, then raised it 6 cents. What makes me upset is that the US has all the gas we need, So,what are these people doing to us?

o

I try not to even look at it. I drive an SUV, and I know that I have to pay it anyways. It's depressing to say the least.

o

My SUV requires minimum 91 octane - which is hard to find. So I end up using the hightest stuff. Paid $3.99 a gallon last night. It was just over $80 to fill my tank.

I'm in Boston MetroWest.

o

Gas is about $3.36 per gallon here in Tulsa. It is usually lower than the rest of the country so I try not to complain.

o

CAN we raise our prices? Our customers are getting hit just as hard as we are. And when they attend a show that has nothing anybody needs, will they buy at higher prices?

That indeed is a catch 22 situation.

o

I don't know, Chris. I know my prices are $5 - $10 cheaper than anyone else on the wine glasses - and I'm comparing unetched to mine that are etched... Fabric is up so much that I HAVE to make mine $9. Most charge $10 - $14 around here... I hate raiing my pries but then people pay it wihout a wince... I'm no able to make a killing - jut suplimenting my SS. I like making them $10.00 and under and I always offer buy 5 - get 1 free...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here