Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnas_gw

Easter decorations

donnas_gw
15 years ago

Is it too early to decorate for Easter or should I wait until next month since Easter is not until April? I don't have anything to put on my front door right now. I do have a snowman that I guess I could put back up. Thanks.

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

How about doing something for St. Pat's Day? You don't have to be Irish to enjoy the cuteness of those little leprechauns, shamrocks, and anything else green. I'll share my table from last year, I really liked the little verse on the decorative plate I found. Luvs

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Very nice Luvs!! I always thought I was part Irish as my great grandfather came from Isle of Man off the coast of Ireland- Well, I was told by Irishman that I am not Irish but Mannix!! My bro was in Navy & went there & saw the family history down in a basement & got some info from it. Green has always been 1 of my favorite colors! The plate is nice, I like the saying too. Jan

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I really like your table decorations Luvs. Actually, I am part Irish, I've just never decorated on St. Patrick's Day. I made a quick wreath using foamies, a natural grapevine wreath and ribbon for a bow. It's definitely nothing to brag about. You can see where I hot glued them onto the wreath. Today I went and bought some stiff glitter felt in dark green. Will try and make another one. Hopefully it will be nicer than this one. Here is a picture of the first one I made:

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Donnas, your wreath looks good to me, and I love the ribbon you used for the bow. Luvs

• oddie
    15 years ago

havent been on here to post in awhile but had to take the time to tell you luvs,I love your table decorations, dont decorate much myself anymore, but love seeing what you all come up with.
    donna I just love your wreath! simple but beautiful, you did a beautiful job on your bow, love the color, can never cut foam stuff right myself so I stay away from it, will be waiting to see what your wreath looks like made with the glitter felt.
    TFS
    oddie

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Oddie, I've really missed you. Have you been doing okay? No health problems I hope. Is life getting in the way of your crafting these days? That happens sometimes! I always enjoy all of your creations and look forward to your posts. Take care and come by here and Painting whenever you can. Luvs

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks luvs! Oddie, I haven't posted here lately, mostly just reading other posts. I, too, have noticed you haven't been posting for awhile. I hope things are ok with you! Michaels had pre-cut shamrocks in foam and some kind of glittery, shiny thin cardboard (don't know the name of the stuff). I already had some green foam, so I thought I would try making them myself. I googled shamrock and found one to use as a pattern. I have a small shamrock pin, so that is what I used to make the small ones with.

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz