Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
beads

Posted by kidd (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 12:36

Has anyone purchased beads from Oriental trading and if so what is the quality of the beads. Looking for a good place to purchase beads and supplies.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: beads

Don't expect Excellent/1st quality when ordering anything from OT. I ordered some novelty beads from them last year out of 24,only 10 were 1st quality,some should have been thrown away and the others well just not up to par at all.
There have been other experiences with them as well.
I think their beading supplies are good for beginning beaders,some novelty and then making in large quanities for group jewelry making.

good places to purchase
www.artbeads.com
www.firemountaingems.com
www.shipwreckbeads.com
www.auntiesbeads.com

Now this is just my experience and opinion.

ginger

o

I just received the Firemountain catalog..holey moley..it's huge and amazing..
I know a beader that orders from them, and she has nothing but rave reviews for them. Hence why I ordered a catalog.

o

Fire mountain is very good. If you sign up for specials, they email you good deals. (Also I like that they show people who work for their company wearing things they have made.) I have also received some nice beads from Happy Mango.
Here's a tip if you are going to sell your bead crafts: I keep glass jars, such as baby food and frappachino jars and when I get new beads, I put them in a jar, then lable what kind of bead it is and how much I paid for it, per bead. This helps a lot when you are pricing your work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here