Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting a mirror

Posted by annabell40 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 08 at 12:34

Hi everyone...I'm a new and I'm loving it...
I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried or heard of painting a mirror to make it look like a transparent stain where you can still see the reflection of the mirror through the paint?

Thanks so much.

Looking forward to sharing ideas

Anna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting a mirror

Welcome to the forum Annabell40, so glad to have you join in on the fun. You'll meet some wonderful and friendly folks here who are willing to help out with a project if they can. I've never heard of what you're talking about so I copied your part which said "painting a mirror to make it look like a transparent stain" and pasted it to the web browser line. Several sites came up and I chose this one to look at: (copy and paste)

p://www.essortment.com/hobbies/doityourselfh_sxcb.htm

I wonder if this is what you're looking for? If not, you can do the same as I did cause there were several sites which popped up. In one of the mags I get there is an antique stained mirror and I wonder if this is how they did it. It sells for over $100 and looks really nice. Sure hope if you do this project, you'll share pics with us. We love pics in the forum!

Sal

o

Great idea thanks. We will see what I can do with this. I saw these beautiful huge floor mirrors in South Beach that to me looked like they had been sprayed with some type of transparent pink paint. I see that you can order them online but, they are pricey and it takes all the fun out of doing it myself. :)

o

there is a spray paint that looks transparent, I beleive its made by krylon, should be able to get it at lowes, my dsil painted a basket with this type of paint,looked pretty cool! you could see the basket color throu the paint, on the cap to the paint it shows a color and its transparent.
By the way welcome to the fourm! always room for more!
Happy Crafting
oddie

o

would love to see a photo of the mirrors you are talking about, sounds beautiful!
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here