Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
candy1954_gw

snowpeople and painting slide show

candy1954
16 years ago

Thanks everyone for the comments. I think I may have figured out how to add a slide show but I'm not sure as I am new to this..

Thanks,

Candy

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/candyagrant1953/?mediafilter=slideshows

Comments (8)

• justlinda
    16 years ago

Candy....you did good gal! Love the slideshow format and the projects you have shown.

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

What a nice way of showing off your wonderful creations!!

• oddie
    16 years ago

oh yes you did it! and what beautiful crafts! love seeing the larger photos, you can make out the details on those sooo cute snowman! how big are they? look to be pretty large size, not much on sewing, but sure looks like alot of work.
    Love your painting on glass! thats a craft I have been playing around with myself, all of your projects are just beautiful and very well done!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• candy1954
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oddie,
    When I started making these for a show last Dec. and they were much smaller,howerver after much playing around with the pattern, I decided I liked the larger ones better. These are about 16" tall by 10" wide. They are alot of work. I take one day to make the hats, mittens and scarves. Another to sew the bodies and arms. It takes a couple of hours to stuff and decorate each one. The noses are all made by hand from bakable clay. I have them priced at about $24-$28. For the show last Dec. my girlfriend and I made about 30 of them and we sold about 1/2 of them. I don't know about the price yet. It's sad but when you can buy imports from China at such at a lower price it is hard to sell crafts today.

The windows are painted with folkart enamel paints or regular acrylic paint and then sprayed with a clear gloss paint sealer.

Candy

• Adella Bedella
    16 years ago

Those are beautiful. I wish I had your talent.

My suggestion for selling more of these would be to give them a gimmic so they stand out like someone suggested on the other thread with the twelve months idea. I'd suggest basic things like dressing them for the local high school and college sports team. You have to be careful with copyrights, but you could still dress them as fans wearing appropriate colors.

• sjarz
    16 years ago

Very nice, and you are very talented indeed! Just love the pink snowgirl that comes up first, couldn't get the show to stop to see if she has wings, but oh I love her...and your floral paintings are just gorgeous...everything is nice but my favorites by far are the pink gal and your florals.
    Keep up the exceptional work, Candy!
    Suzan J

• blueiris24
    16 years ago

I LOVE your snowmen! I am an occasional lurker and love top putz around but don't have the talent many of you do - very adorable! I wouldn't be able to figure out where to start on something like that. Thanks for sharing, they are really cute!

• renie
    16 years ago

Love your snowmen. Our church ladies group is having a "calendar tea" and I am in charge of January and we picked a snowman theme. Made me really conscious of snowmen and yours are wonderful. Great job, and nice decorating on them also.
    Prices seem reasonable for a quality made item.

Sponsored