Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When Good Crafts Go Bad

Posted by thrift_shop_romantic (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 4, 07 at 12:20

I was thinking the other day about how much more memorable the projects that seem to have gone awry have been, than the ones that worked out really well. I suppose we all have them, it's all a part of the learning experience.

So I pulled together a little collection of past crafting mishaps (complete with pics!) which I figure will make anyone who's having trouble with a current project of their own feel just a little bit better.

You can view it here:
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/The_Thrift_Shop_Romantic/When_Good_Crafts_Go_Bad.html

Happy Crafting!
-Jenn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When Good Crafts Go Bad

Jenn,

That is so funny. I am glad that you have the cajones to step up and show your uh mistakes in crafting. PS I just love your blog I have bookmarked it to look at later. Thanks for posting.

Stacie

o

Jenn, your post did make me laugh, not at your projects, just the idea! I have more projects go worng then right, because I will try and find a cheap way to do something, when I should just buy what I need, guess we all learn from our mistakes! I dont get to upset when they dont go right, just try agine, if I still want to! Thanks for posting!
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Aw, glad you folks got a chuckle. I don't know anyone who's crafted or done home improvements that hasn't had oopsy moments. (Well, maybe Martha Stewart-- other than that insider trading thing, I mean.)

My your current crafting be pain-free,
--Jenn

o

LOL, Thrift - I loved this and I just want to say that I just got lost on your site for long lovely time last night. Your writing is a joy and so are your projects. Thanks so much for sharing your ups as well as your downs!

candy

o

Hi, Candy-
What an awfully nice thing to say! I know folks' time is at a premium anymore, so the fact you spent some of it on my site and had fun there is a genuine joy to me.

Thanks so much! You made my day. Who would have imagined I'd ever be happy some of my crafts went wiggy?

Much wonderful irony,
Jenn

o

Enjoyed the journey with good crafts gone bad - heaven knows we've all been there! You write well - a good craft for sure for you!

o

Your story made me laugh. I've got several of those projects too.

o

:-)

Well, I may end up having another crafting disaster to share soon-- we shall see. I'm planning to see if it's possible to spray varnish Marshmallow Peeps to preserve for a centerpiece display.

This could be very, very cute... or very, very melty. I don't know enough about Peep physics to be able to predict the results on this one.

The Peeps are currently drying out in a bowl on my dining table. I suspect they know something is up. They look suspicious. :-)

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o

Oh my...I'm rolling with laughter now! do keep us posted on that, please! LOL

o

Well, so far the Peeps survived being spray varnished-- much of a shock to me as it likely was to them. :-) So I'm going to see about making them into festive garland, along with some spring colored beads.

I just have to remember to keep the Peep Physics in mind, or else they'll all be hanging upside down on the garland string. Not quite the effect I'm going for.

Hope everyone's currently crafting happy,
--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here