Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Glass Christmas balls seen better days!

Posted by jjaazzy (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 11 at 12:12

Has anyone come up with a way to rejuvenate old Christmas balls. I am in the south and they start looking terrible from storage in the attic. I have tried spraying them with spray paint in the past but they loose their beautiful glass shine. We tried dipping them in glue then glitter and they came out pretty ugly. Anyone else come up with anything. I hate to throw them out but....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Glass Christmas balls seen better days!

I got some xmas bulbs from ts once (in with something I wanted) & they had fake snow on them in places so I put them in soapy water & ended up with clear bulbs. Didn't know what to do with them so I threw them out. Now that I paint I know that 1 thing you can do is swirl a little paint around on inside of them,take the silver or gold top off 1st & swirl 2-3 colors around. If you can do tole or other painting you could paint outside. I painted sea shells with FolkArt metallic paint with a small brush & when dry coated whole thing with DecoArt crystal clear Twinkles which is a superfine glitter/shimmer & it would be beautiful on old bulbs. I would paint the bulb like it was an orange, top(stem to bottom around it like you were painting each section of an orange.)I let mine dry overnight & then painted on the glitter. All supplies are available at Joanne's or Michael's etc. The sea shells look terrific with the tree lights. Very simple to do also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here