Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweet_tea68

How to display basket on side?

sweet_tea
16 years ago

I have an old Native America basket. It is about the size of a large pizza but shaped like a bowl. It has a nice pattern in the inside with more than one color.

My wish is to display this basket on its side and place it atop a plant shelf that is 8' high - so the inside pattern is visible.

I am wondering what I would need to place under or behind the basket to keep is on its side. Note that this basket might be worth a bit of money(guessing maybe up to $1000, but really not sure at all), so I don't want to do anything that would harm it in any way. It is believed to be around 80 years old or so and a Navajo basket and a real nice one at that. I have been keeping it safe in a box and figured it is time to display it and enjoy it. The plant shelf won't get any sun, but I wonder if dust will be an issue over time that could affect the value or durability of the basket.

Was thinking about placing it on a scrunched towel or something, but I don't think that will keep it on its side due to the bowl shape of the basket.

Comments (3)