Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wreath

Posted by leveta (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 08 at 11:57

Hi, yrs ago I found a how to make I'm pretty sure it was on here a wreath from material squares and batting and a straw wreath form. Can anyone help me...
Thanks....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wreath

Here's a few links for you, leveta. I've not done it, but found these through google. Hope this helps!

http://www.websampler.com/interest/project1/proj02.htm
http://www.ehow.com/how_2113470_rag-wreath.html

Arlene

o

Thank You luvs2click. It's close to the one I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for you use a u type staple and hook 3 corners of the sq. then stuff it with batting and then put the last end over, then stick it in the straw form. I can't remember how many sq's i need. But I love the wreath you gave me the link to. I may do one of those too. Thanks bunches....

o

Leveta, here's pics of a couple of mine. They are pretty old, the big one is hanging in my laundry/craft room, but the small one was stashed away in a box.

I think the small blue/pink/white one is similar to what you are looking for. Mine is on a small straw wreath form, and I just used fabric scraps, so not sure how much fabric it took.

But the procedures you described are correct.

The other one is just torn fabric strips--I've seen them with the edges cut with pinking shears too. This was from my more country/prim/rustic decorating days, so I like the torn look and the raffia with it.

These must be 15 to 20 years old I think. Goodness, time sure flies, doesn't it? LOL

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here