Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Litebulb dove

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 10, 10 at 11:25

not to bad, but gosh isnt easy eather, I cut tail and wings after maybe cutting 10 differnt ones till I came up with one I thought was okay,cut out of stiffner I think its called used when makeing a purse so its stiffer, used a styrofoam egg for head, cut off a part, and glued on with e6000, feet were made from pipe cleaner, peak from scrap of felt, dipped in coffee so the orange wasnt so bright, the feet was dipped also,had this stuff called soft flock, you paint on a adhesie then drop on flocking let dry and it sorta of puffs up, kinda look like feathers, eyes are black 3d paint, sorry about the photo, but you get the idea.
heres the link incase you would like to make one.
oddie

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: dove litbulb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Litebulb dove

I love it!

o

That is so cute. I love it!

o

It came out cute & so nice & fluffy!! Adorable!! Mine is done except for his eyes, I was going to use small pompoms- can't find what I did with them!!Goes to show you can use a variety of materials to make 1. Jan

o

Thanks for the blog link too!
Kathy

o

Wah! I can't see the picture. Did it go somewhere?

o

Very cute !

o

sorry I havent been able to post, had problems with computer, hopefully its fixed now, I replaced the photo so you can see it.
Thank you, and glad you liked it, Jan would love to see photos of your dove, hope you find the pom poms soon.
oddie

o

That is a beautiful dove!
Don't know that I would have the patience-LOL
Grannytoo, it's good to see you name on a post-
I think of you often.

o

Oh my, Oddie, yours is truly Beautiful!!! And you shared the directions which makes your project even more special knowing I couldn't begin to compare with yours!

I just told you how talented you are in my last post and now I'm speechless after seeing this creation. Woohoo, you go, girl...

Punk

o

gosh, thank you! you never know till you try just what you can do, if its a project you think you might like doesnt cost much to try, as jan said the dove can be made from a variety of products you might have on hand,thought i might use a clove for the eyes, but couldnt find mine, must be in my craft room with the food coloring LOL! could use those stick pins with the small balls on top also,I never seemed to have the products I need for crafts so I would just look around my craft room outside or anywhere till I could find something else to use, most ideas are not my own but I do do the crafting.
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here