Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have been using up left over yarn

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 10:59

Here is the latest preemie blanket and hat I made for the hospital, just used up some of my left over yarn and made the little blanket and tiny hat.. does not take much for the preemie blankets and hats. I have so much yarn just need to make good use of it..
Huggy
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have been using up left over yarn

Beautiful. I've been doing the same only making hats and wimples for the homeless. Very caring of you. Keep up the good work.

o

Beautiful!
Diane

o

Someone's little 1 is going to be warm & feel loved with such a special gift!! So nice of you to donate! Jan

o

Sorie6 what are wimples??
Huggy

o

Sweet preemeie blanket and hat. I too wonder what wimples are. Trying to picture a person wearing their wimple with no luck, lol.
Good for both of you for using your skills for the good of other people!
kathy

o

Good to see your creations again hugs...I miss seeing your pretty things...

o

I didn't have a clue what a wimple was either so searched and found this site.

Wouldn't it muss your hair to put it on?

ivamae

Here is a link that might be useful: pattern for wimple

o

Thanks Ivamae, duh, I did not think to google wimple.. humm not sure if the babies could use this.. but it is neat.
Huggy

o
Wimple

Does a wimple have a hole in it for your face? Like a hood, I guess! I wouldn't put wool on a baby (or me-allergic) Interesting tho!! Jan

o

It appears it it meant to be used in place of a scarf.

I'm tempted to try one.
ivamae

o

That is so nice and nice of you!! Oh, how I wished I knew how to crochet! Great job!!

o

amberscu, you can learn how to crochet, it is easy.. I taught myself.. and that was before computers etc.. almost before TV but not quite. My aunt use to knit and so she tried to teach me how to knit.. only learn a little of knitting, enough to make a scarf or hat...but when I learned how to crochet.. I went wild.. I made afghans, hats, baby blankets, sold a ton of adult afghans and throws.. Lion Brand yarn has a 5 &1/2 hour throw that you make with three strands of yarn held together and a size Q hook.. I made a lot of them and sold for $45.00 to $60.00 each .. cost me about $15.00 dollars to make.. depending on where I found the yarn on sale.. and of course I make the smaller throws for the old folks in homes. I do not put the fringe on them as the older folks can get caught up in the fringe and fall. I just think making crafty things is good for the soul.. and also good for your nerves. A good cup of coffee or Tea and hooks and yarn .. good way to relax..
Huggy

o

Just Beautiful! and so very thoughtfull of you!
TFS
oddie

o
re oddie where have you been?

Oddie, Oh my gosh !!!!!!!!!!! where have you been I have not seen you here for EVER.... Everything okay?????
Just wanted to say I missed you and all your wonderful ideas..
Huggy

o

Hi huggy thanks for asking about me, just been busy with life I guess, been doing some decorating, wallpapered my study, takes twice as long to do anything! guess Iam in a slump, cant make myself get into anything anymore, maybe soon I will get out of it and start crafting, the bunnies was the frist craft I have seen and wanted to do for awhile.
looks like you are into the crochetingg, and doing some beautiful projects! alot of nurseing homes dont keep nice warm blankets and folks are always cold, how wonderfull of you to share with them and babies to, keep up the good work, you will be rewarded one day!
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here