grandma_bonnie
15 years ago

I posted it in the gallery - trying to post the shortcut

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/crafts/gal0210441722369.html

Comments (12)

• grandma_bonnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris - these are cool! Everyone wants to have something unique on their houses and your house numbers fill the bill! How big are the tiles? I have a way to apply pictures to tile with my laser printer and a heat press. hmmm... Thanks for letting us see the pictures!

• Adella Bedella
    15 years ago

Very nice!

Here's the Link.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Very nice!! You do very professional work! Thanks for showing them. Jan

• christopherh
    15 years ago

Bonnie,

The one thing to remember is that ALL ink jet prints WILL fade in sunlight. I even looked into Sublimation where you use a heat press, but that too fades inside of a few years.
    When I started out I used vinyl numbers and stickers for the design tiles. What I ended up doing was using a ceramic kiln to fire the numbers and designs on the tiles. That way I was able to guarantee my work against fading or peeling. As a matter of fact I guaranteed all my work for as long as the owner had it. I had about a 1% return rate.

Thanks for your help.

Chris in VT

• grandma_bonnie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have a laser printer and it does a good job - but now I remember the problem with fading with the sun and getting a kiln may be the answer. Thanks again for the pics and for the information.

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Chris.. I also wanted to tell you that your booth design is super.. and I am sure that helps bring in customers.. your display of all the house numbers are great..
    Huggy

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Great work Chris! Very attractive idea. I've never seen them tho and I'm right over here in NH. I'd say they were well worth $25 even tho your supply cost was much less. I've been thinking about your point about manufacturing.

kathy

• barb_from_pa
    15 years ago

Very nice!!

• christopherh
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    Where in New Hampshire are you? We're going to be in Salem march 14 & 15 at the racetrack.

Also the following NH shows.
    Meredith on Memorial Day weekend.
    Alton Bay July 18-19
    Lincoln Aug 8-9
    Back to Alton Labor Day weekend
    Meredith Oct 3-4
    Back to Lincoln Columbus Day weekend
    And the big show in Salem Nov 13-15

These shows are all put on by one promoter you can see their full schedule at

www.castleberryfairs.com

There's also a page of candid photos from their shows so you can see what they're like. I'm not in any of them because they didn't want to break the camera.

Chris in VT

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I live in Lebanon. I'll print the list and look for you if I get to any of them. Good luck and thanks for sharing some of your "secrets to success"!
    kathy

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

By the way, what do you sell now so I'll recognize you?
    kathy

• christopherh
    15 years ago

Kathy,

We'll be in QUECHEE, VT in August with Castleberry. The date's on their schedule.

Kust look for the display with vinyl siding.

Chris in VT

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor