Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
picture of my recipe box

Posted by snolady (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 10:41

I've had this for many many years. It belonged to DH's great grandma and used to be a sewing box. Scissors was kept in the slot on the top. The lid used to have fabric on it for a pin cushion but it was worn so I took it off. I paid a lady to paint this for me back in the 1970's. It is probably close to 100 years old. A family treasure.

painted recipe box

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: picture of my recipe box

That is such a cute little sewing box indeed. You must be very proud to have it.
Maddya

o

What a great family treasure for you to get to have. Isn't it great when these items can be kept and loved by new generations of family? Luvs

o

Snolady, I've never seen a sewing box like that before. I love how you had it painted. I agree with Luvs...it's a great family treasure.

o

Beautiful sewing box, especially since it is a family treausre. When you look for a recipe and cook, do you sometimes think of your DH's Grandmother and wonder what she might have been sewing or maybe mending? I think it holds many wonderful memories from his Grandmother's time.

Sal

o

DH's great grandma made all hand stitched quilts into her 90's. She lived to be almost 100 years old. She was a very sweet lady.

o

I love it when people keep things like this in the family. It's priceless. I plan on painting Papa's Chair and Grandma's Chair on two old oak chairs from DH grandparents for our children to keep. I also have Grandma's mom's oak rocking chair. Thanks for posting a picture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here