Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potato bag disclaimer

Posted by grandma_bonnie (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 08 at 10:08

I finally figured out what was going wrong with the potato bags.
I had two women who scortched their potato bag - asked them some questions and found out both of them had old microwaves - Nancy's microwave is almost 25 years old and Jane's is almost 20 years old. I contacted our Sears appliance manager and was told the old machines have hot spots in them and that is the reason they scortch. - that and the fact that they don't have the turntables so I have printed out a disclaimer letting my people know - that if they are giving it out as a gift, make sure the microwave has a turntable! It doesn't have anything to do with the thread or the fabric not being 100% cotton either... I use the prequilted fabric top make my dog's rice bags and use them at least 3 times a day with not effect at all. I din't think about it, but it makes sense

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potato bag disclaimer

I remember with those early microwaves, they had you put a plate of marshmallows in and turn it on. You could then see right where the "hot spots" were.

o
RE: Potato bag disclaimer

Hmmmmm - I may do that with my friend, Nancy's microwave to show her how dangerous hers is. Her DH always had her buy and pay for the extrended warantee - crazy! She could have purchased 7 new microwaves with what she has paid for this every year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here