Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phish_gw

Is anyone up for a monthly craft challenge?

phish_gw
10 years ago

Hello

I'm more a lurker than a poster, but I love the work here. Is anyone up for a monthly craft challenge? They had this on another board where each month they picked a subject and everyone made their own project and posted a picture of it. For example, one month�s challenge could be "book worm", where the projects can range from decorated books, to worms, to anything else based on that subject. It's also fun to see the many different creative interpretations people can come up with for one subject!

Here is a link from the other board I mentioned that contains this month's challenge, "New Year New Use" which seems to be recycling an old craft, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=504.0#axzz2sdMPFS80. And here is a link to past monthly challenges, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=174.0#axzz2sdMPFS80

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Comments (13)

• sameboat
    10 years ago

I'm up for it! I am bored bored bored. And I haven't been crafting or creating anything lately. Nothing to inspire me. So all I've been doing is working, cooking and laundry.

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

Count me in.

• cheryl_ok
    10 years ago

Hi, I'm also a lurker. I hang out at the kitchen table, but lurk many other forums.
    The craft challenge sounds fun, not sure how crafty I may be
    I'm thinking it is not an exchange from one to another but something that is just posted here after finishing it?
    I will consider joining, sounds exciting

• phish_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I propose it's not an exchange, just something where we all craft on a certain topic and then we'll post our pictures when we are done.

• laurastheme
    10 years ago

We need a few more participants.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

I might give it a go if the theme inspired me. :)

• phish_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I agree, not an exchange, just something we can all work on and then post pictures

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Great idea! It might get the forum going more again.
    Phish, what if you start a new thread called:
    "March project: (theme) , Post your pictures here."
    And explain in the body of the post. Maybe you could pick the first theme, but ask that people give suggestions for future months' themes when they post their pictures of this months completed project.

Kathy

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

May be I will do it.
    I'm thinking:
    Herbs and Spices
    or
    Its Spring! Put on a Happy Face!
    or
    And your birds may sing...

Suggestions? I just came up with these from what I see from my chair, a pot of rosemary, cardinals in the tree outside, and a beautiful sunny day that makes me think of spring. I'm tending toward spring since this would be a march challenge.

Kathy

• party_music50
    10 years ago

I'm so glad you're stepping up, Kathy! I LOVED the Herbs & Spices, but I'm good with Spring too. We're actually having a much needed thaw here.

I can't wait to get a project started!!! Please post about rules and what is expected. It's winter and I want a project/challenge! I'm not planning to enter the State Fair this year and I really miss my ritual planning. :)

PS: mind if I ask about your handle? concreteprimroses sounds a little harsh. LOL!

PSS: Excuse me! I see that I have missed reading the 'n' in your handle. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited by party_music50 on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 17:05

• party_music50
    10 years ago

concretenprimroses, sorry if I offended! I seem to be batting 1000 these days.

This isn't a very active crafts forum, is it? :)

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

I'm not offended. Its an odd name, but 2 of my favorite things!
    Ok, I will give it a shot. Phish I hope its ok with you and you will participate. I'm thinking spring first and then if that is successful we can move on to herbs and spices.
    I'll ponder it and try to post a new thread tonite.
    Anyone who sees this could let other forums you frequent know. I'll mention it on the conversations side of Garden Junk.
    Kathy

• sameboat
    10 years ago

Fun! Thanks concretenprimroses! :) See you in March!