Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leftylouie_gw

Leftover vinyl flooring

leftylouie
17 years ago

I have some leftover vinyl flooring and my husband is talking of throwing it away but I know there has to be some wonderful projects to do with it so I need your help. Thank you in advance....Nancy

Comments (6)

• craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

I know it's not "crafty" but I have pieces of leftover vinyl flooring in the cabinets underneath my kitchen and bathroom sinks. Keeps the wood new if water should drip.

Sal

• sweets98
    17 years ago

You can flip it over and paint the backside to make a floor cloth. I haven't ever tried this but I see it suggested every so often and have seen some really neat ones over time.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Use it to line your cabinet drawers and shelves--easy to just wipe clean. If you don't need a rug, cut it to placemat size and paint or stencil the back for some kitchen or patio placemats--be sure to put a sealer on after you paint it. Luvs

• User
    17 years ago

I cut mine into 6 inch strips and slid it under my fance to keep the weeds from growing there. Did it over 20 years ago and it's still effective.

• paintingfool
    17 years ago

Lefty - I actually buy small remnants to paint on. It is very easy. From experience though, I would say to paint the entire piece you are planning to use on the backside with ordinary house paint, whatever color you like as a background. Then trace a pattern on or freehand. Once finished, give it a couple of good coats of polyurethane and wa-la, you have a floorcloth. My friend once cut the pieces in the shapes of snowmen and painted them for ornaments.

• leftylouie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you so much for your help, I can't wait to get started. I'm not much on freehand so I will have to get a stencil or copy a pattern. Thanks again, you are a great help. I will get busy looking for a stencil........Nancy