Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grave Blanket photo and some tips

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 9:56

Thought I would share some tips I have for making grave blankets, I use old evergreen wreaths and cut them in half,shape each one, used white puff paint on the tips of the branches for color, flowers were painted and I used glitter for bling,bulbs the same, everything brought at the flea market and yard sales..I buy angles in any color as they can be sprayed painted, and dusted with glitter...this one sold for $45 I had maybe $4 in it, but a bit of time....Thanks for looking
oddie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grave Blanket photo and some tips

Wow that is very nice. I love to hear that you found everything at flea markets and yard sales. I can't wait for nice weather so I can shop around with a new eye to repurpose things. So true how a little paint and glitter can totally change the look of something!

o

I had never seen "grave blankets " until I saw them on here & so many beautiful ones. Do they have a pick or something that keeps them from blowing off? That is just stunning. Out here they clear the graves at least once a week except maybe Christmas time. That 1 would get stolen for sure! TFS

o

Thank you, I do love using fresh pine, but in some places its not so easy to get.I have always loved the idea that I can up cycle just about anything, the cheaper the better! yes I use a coat hanger throu the bottom of the blanket cut like a u that pushes in the ground. I to can not wait for spring and flea markets and yard sales lol!
heres another photo of one done in blue and silver.
Thanks for looking
oddie

o

Ooooohh the blue one is so cool!

o
photo and some tips

Beautiful! Love blue & silver together! TFS Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here