Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Thinking Spring

oddie
15 years ago

Made this wreath for my dads door at the NH, says he loves getting them, so I try to keep up with the holidays for him. wanted to stick to soft yellows since hes a guy, bad day for photo takeing, been raining,but wanted to take it to him today , the eggs look so bright yellow, dont know whats up with that, made the bunnie face from wallpaper, double circle with a slit cut in the back so I could stuff him a little, used some diamond dust on the ears and on the eggs.

not over my crafting slump yet, took me three days to make this wreath LOL!

oddie

Comments (14)

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Oddie, you may not be over your crafting slump.. but you sure are putting out some beautiful work.. this wreath is just awesome.. love the bunny is sooo cute.. and I love the yellows..
    Huggy

• leveta
    15 years ago

That is WONDERFUL!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Very pretty. I love the yellow too.
    kathy

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

What a pretty wreath, Oddie. It looks so full and lush, and your bunny is darling. Your Dad will be the envy of the NH. ;o) Luvs

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Wonderful!! The yellow is so fresh looking & can see the diamond dust on them ! The leaves are so fresh & green, really a lovely combination, the bunny is cute too! Bet your dad loved it & he will be so proud to show it off & tell everyone his DD made it!! Lucky dad to have great daughter like you!! Jan

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you! didnt get to take it to him yesterday, but hopefully today I can, he will like it no matter what it looks like, dad was a crafter also, his hands shake to much to do crafts now and he doesnt see well,so hes given up on crafts, think he would rather chase all the woman LOL!
    always open to ideas of improvment on my crafts.
    oddie
    Luvs great to hear from you, hope you are doing okay!

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Oddie...

That is such a pretty wreath! Your dad will love it. It may have taken a couple of days to make it, but it was definately worth the time. You may be in a slump but your talent isn't!

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

gosh thank you, guess I am still supprised when others like my crafts!
    oddie

• leveta
    15 years ago

I hope you don't mind but I used your pic as my easter background on my PC. My DH saw it last night and said "Oh that's pretty did you make it" I laughed and told him no I don;t know how to do anything like that. That a ladie on one of my sites did...

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you leveta, glad you cant see me blush, but you know they are easy to make, I did a search for easter wreath, saw one I liked and tried to copy it my way, used the flowers I had from last year, gotton at the dollar tree, wish we were close and I could show you just how easy it is, you know you never know till you try what you can do, have thrown out and tore apart lots of projects, on this wreath alone I glued two different backing, then settled on the white garland sold at Christmas.
    oddie

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

You don't need any improvement with your crafts! Your wreath is fun, bright & cheerful bunny will cheer up the NH folks. What else could it need it's great!! You must have the wintertime blues!! Cause your crafting is right on! I was at our Dollar store yesterday & it didn't have any interesting flowers. I've looked several times at DS flowers you folks back east use, they must use a different supplier, I even tried some of other dollar type stores. Really cheap looking. Only thing I found that was ok was some orange poppies with fern leaves no less!!! But they make the "dead from frost" begonia not look so bad until it grows out again in couple of months. Jan

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, our dollar tree doesnt have any pretty flowers this year eather, dollar general ones I never liked, dont know whats up with them, or the answer, have a small shop in town that sold last year I need to check out, want to make one for my moms grave, someone will steal it as they have done in the past but ifs its there a day I will be happy.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• Cheri_C
    15 years ago

OH Oddie, I love your Spring Bunny wreath. How adorable. I'm sure your dad just loved it!!! Of course I love all your creations!!!

• oddie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gosh, thanks cheri_c glad you liked it.
    oddie