Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with Rub N Buff?

Posted by cindylouhoo (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 08 at 9:16

I have never used this product, but I wanted to try it on a resin type container that holds decorative orbs. I'd like to add some additional color to it so it will blend in better with my accent colors. Will the Rub N Buff come off on a dusting cloth or my hands when I pick up the container to move it around or to dust. I just wondered how permanent it is. Thanks for any info!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with Rub N Buff?

Hi Cindy, I think you could just put a couple coats of spray sealer on it and avoid that kind of problem. You can get it in a matte (soft not shiny) or a gloss (really shiny) finish. Sounds like you are doing lots of neat items.

Luvs

o

Aaaaack, Luvs, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels most days. With a 7 mos. old and a 2 yr. old, I'm lucky to get my hair and makeup done ; ). After 16 yrs. of teaching, I'm so glad to be home with my own kids, but I haven't created a very good schedule for us.
Being home so much has made me really examine my house and what I can do (inexpensively) to improve it.
I decided against the willow balls I'd posted about earlier (for now). They just didn't look right for the place I had in mind. So I bought some red resin type ones at Hobby Lobby, but the container I have just needs a little something to make it flow better. I would like to try and make some someday using the willow balls and some of those suggestions I got here.
I am proud I was able to do a decorative floral wreath for myself to match my new color scheme.
I'll have to check out that Etsy site you mentioned!
I lurk here for ideas I can try and love to read how creative folks can be. Thanks!

o

You can contact the manufacturer of rub and buff at this site and ask questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amaco rub n buff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here