Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crafter's slump !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 9:02

Hi Oddie, You know I think we all just sorta get into a crafters type slump..our creative juices just do not seem to work for us at times.. and that is when we should more than likely take a break.. I am sure glad to see you back again.. I love all your work and your shares.. You do some awesome items..and you should be very proud of them.. I know whatcha mean about it taking twice as long to do certain things any more. Heck, at the age of 70 it takes me sometimes three times as long.. LoL .. but if I just keep at it I finally make it.. little worse for wear so to speak, but I do make it.. It is funny you mentioned nursing homes. as my grandson wants to do his Service work for school at the nursing homes.. so I think that would be a great project for he and I to do as a team..Thanks for giving me that spark we needed.. I just love the babies and since he was a twin preemie and he is the one who made it.. our baby blankets means a lot to him also.. his way of giving back too.. Oddie, please keep coming back here.. we all missed you..
Huggybear

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crafter's slump !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, we sure have missed you Oddie!!I thought maybe you had gone back to work or taking care of GK'S as kids working as is happening in so many families trying to stay afloat. Glad you are back! Jan

o
RE: Crafter's slump !!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you, so glad I sparked a idea for you, and that is so great to hear of young kids wanting to help, like your Gs, too many cant get away from the tv and video games, and dont have a clue how others live, sounds like you have a wonderfull gs to be very prould of! gosh I never would have thought you are 70, you sure dont seem like it, always doing something, guess you are only as old as you feel, Iam 52, no real health problems I know off havent been to a doctor in years, but gosh I couldnt keep up with you LOL!
we now have my son a gs and a step son and a dog liveing with us,althoe I love my family very much dont leave much time for crafting as I am one of those crafters that cant do anything with people around, I have been reading the post, just dont always have much to add to the post,since I am a make do crafter my ways arent the right way.
Jan thank you, gosh never thought I would be missed much the board is hopping with so many new crafters and thats great! thanks for your kind words, I will try harder to atleast post more offen, as for now Iam not looking for work, but who knows, hubby has had alot of cut backs in pay, I so feel for all the people who have lost there jobs! what will they do, wont be much help for anyone out there, might have to go back to the olden days where families all lived in one house.
Take care
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here