Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

For winter skin blues

oddie
17 years ago

If you have dry skin and have not tried the dollar general store lottion give it a try, the recipe has been on the net for years dont know who started it but it is good, I make a batch every year and give to my family and they all love it.

1 bottle baby lottion, eather scent

1 jar vaseline

1 jar vitamin E cream

mix in large bowl, I use my mixer, mix well put into containers

I dont care for the baby lottion smell for me so I added a few drops of scent any florial scent would probley mix okay, I used a scent called heavely, if you have dry skin you will see the difference overnite!

Happy Crafting

oddie

Comments (8)

• honeysuckleridge
    17 years ago

I've not use this yet but think I'll be making a stop at the DGS tomorrow morning. I have also heard from several different folks this is excellent for age spots too...interesting.
    Can't wait!
    Thanks oddie!

ginger

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Oddie, I have not heard of vitamin e cream, where do you find that? This sounds good to me--my hands have been so dry lately. Thanks for sharing this. Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

dont know about helping with age spots, never heard of that, althoe I think the frist time I saw the recipe it had wrinkle cream, never seen it listed agine, so I must have been worng.
    Luvs vitamin E cream comes in a jar like cold cream, you can buy all you need at the dollar general store, if they are not sold out. I worked in a nurseing home when I frist started useing the lottion, could have quite work and sold the lottion, but I like to share! it is GOOD, I found that if you told people what was in the lottion frist they didnt want to try it, the ones that did loved it.
    Happy Crafting
    oddie

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Thanks Oddie, I think I will look for the vitamin e cream at Dollar Tree and 99 cent store--I don't have a Dollar General here! ;o( What do you usually store it in? I put lotion on my hands several times a day, but unfortunately I end up washing them so many times too. Especially if I'm doing yard work or playing with my dogs. Luvs

P.S. How does this work on feet? Have you tried it?

• oddie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs,I guess any brand would do, I have not tried it thoe, I use the lotion all over as I have very dry skin. I have gotton lotion bottles at the bath and candle supply as I give it as gifts, you can use the empty bottles from your supplies, you could use baby food jars also, I fill a large ziplock with the lotion after mixing, then clip the corner to fill the bottles, the lotion has been real good for my hands after gardeing as I do not like to wear gloves, and the dirt dry my hands.
    hope you like it
    oddie

• honeysuckleridge
    17 years ago

Wal Mart carries the Vitamin E cream it's by "Fruit of the Earth". DG carries in like 2 jars for 3.50.
    I made mine yesterday and then refilled the Vitamin E jar(I made a fancy label on my puter for the jar) and the rest went into mason jars for stand by.
    You can also buy containers at Wal Mart in the Health & Beauty aids for traveling that would work too.

I wash my hands a lot too...so I've filled up my lotion dispenser in the kitchen with it as of this morning.

oodie I can't stand wearing gloves in the dirt...I have to feel the dirt to make it work..lol It's like in Home Ec they tried to teach us to make biscuits and bread dough with a wood spoon..I'd been making biscuits since I was 10 and bread dough since about 12 so I laughed at them and told them no way.

ginger

• ashli
    17 years ago

Sounds ok. For some reason I've always hated using hand lotion, usually is greasy...though sopmetimes my hands reminds me of cracked cement.
    Would this 'miracle cream' ha, be good for the face?
    Age spots and wrinkles weren't in my plans.......

• thrift_shop_romantic
    17 years ago

Good to know, Oddie. Thanks for sharing!

My wish is this cold snowy icy winter weather would give way to spring like ol' Punxatawney Phil has suggested, and then we won't have to worry about dry skin! :-)

(I know, I know... back to reality.)

--Jenn
    http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County