Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycled Foam Boards

Posted by annabell40 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 6:58

We had a few foam boards at work with architectural plans that were going to be thrown away so, of course I picked them up and brought them home. They are laminated on both sides so I took tissue paper, crumbled it and attached it with photo glue to both sides of the board. Then I painted the paper with acrylic paint using a sponge. Now the board looks like a textured canvas, really awesome. I plan to paint on it. To hang it on the wall I used this double sticky tape. I can't wait to see the results. Cost so far $3.00... :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycled Foam Boards

sounds like a real cool project! what are you planing on painting on your boards? I so love useing tissue paper on projects, used it for the backing on my stained glass window, to cover books and albums I have made, did a kinda faux leather look on a cigar box purse, useing oil paints, sealing the tissue paper frist!, will have to see if I have a photo, even used it to cover a wall in my kitchen! seemed like a good idea but hard on lg projects that you would need to repaint offen,
thanks for shareing your idea! cant wait to see your finished project!
I have a project going on more of a TTT, but I plan on doing a faux leather look on the top and will use the crumbled tissue paper to do so.
oddie

o

Sealing the tissue paper first? oh no, I definately did not do that :( I wonder if it will fall apart. I should have thought of this. Next time I will try sealing and then painting over it.

I have no idea what to paint on it yet. If I can figure out how to attach a picture, will post it..I'm going to need to practice doing that and reading the help section of the forum...LOL

o

I am sure your project is fine, and you can always use a spray sealer, and should to protect your project, so you can dust it as we all have to do LOL!
you said you spounged the acrylic paint on, if useing a brush and those paints since they are waterbase it wets the tissuepaper, and you take the chance of tearing the paper so a sealer is a good idea, you can use a matt spray frist, paint, then finish with with a few coats of what ever type of finish you like.
funny I have been switching back and fouth to your other post on photo tinting and just relize, you were the same person, and posted to look at this post, anyway I think your boards would make beautiful backing for the photos we are talking about, and of course a painting of any kind would also be beautiful!
going to start a new post and show my cigarbox purse and see if we can get some more ideas useing tissue paper!
Thanks for shareing
oddie

o

here we go,

Photobucket

o

omg just beautiful! and very colorfull! how large is your painting? you should post this and the info of how you made it on the painting fourm, I am sure the girls there would love to see your painting.
TFS!
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here