Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Valentine hearts for this year...

Posted by pattico (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 5, 10 at 1:00

I always have to have something for my cousins and daughters...this is what I'm making this year.

Similar to last years that I posted earlier.

Foam board, with scrapbook paper,(my favorite is the beige and ivory rose...from Hobby Lobby...one sheet will cover both sides of heart if you don't make it too big. the larger sheet of scrapbook paper.) The twist trim I bought at a thrift store but I found some just like it at Hancock fabrics today. I have ten dollars into it and will make about 10 hearts.

Photobucket

patti

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Valentine hearts for this year...

Beautifull! I like the one in the middle the best, but gosh they are all three very beautifull,what a nice gift also
TFS!
oddie Photobucket

o

I love all of them, so beautiful. Now I want to make some, hope I have the supplies in house, now to find a heart pattern to use. Thanks for sharing with all of us. Keep on crafting! Carol

o

I have some of those supplies too, and your hearts are so inspiring! Friend just told me a few days ago that
$ Tree has some sheets of foamboard.
Heart patterns are the easiest thing to make--Just take some old newspaper, make a fold and cut a shape. If at first you don't succeed, newspaper, or magazine pages are cheap! Try!
When you get one you like, transfer to a cereal box to make a more permanent pattern.

o

oh so pretty! i love the color scheme, too.
cherry/kudzu

o

Yes...I got my foam board at Dollar Tree...It's not near as nice but it does the job.
I think regular foam board is just a tad thicker and it has a slicker paper covering, more like poster board. This has just a thin paper covering and the foam is different.

But like I said...it works.

Best of all....they don't shout "Valentines day"....so we can use them year round. If they go with your decor.

If any of you make some...please post them. I'd love to see yours.

patti

o

Those are beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here