Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

Misfits

LibbyLiz
15 years ago

Does anyone else here like "misfits"; the ornaments on clearance that are missing that special something, that are painted or decorated incorrectly or need repaired?

I've been fixing an incorrectly painted solder spring & twisted wire Santa & snowman found at Family Dollar.

I'm doctoring an incorrectly painted & somewhat bland wooden runner sled loaded with presents & a very bland fabric over batting & paperboard red/black flannel tree by Martha Stewart.

I've fixed/am fixing an incorrectly & shoddily painted large bell snowman & Santa, birdhouses made of fiberboard that were falling apart & three types of primitive-look stuffed snowmen, clay dough Santa's & stockings that had some things wrong with each (a Santa held a blue saw versus silver, a snowman held an Olympic torch versus a broom, etc.) that I found at a dollar/discount store.

I just love giving them my own touch & reworking them until they're just right, making them "mine". Hubby & son roll their eyes at me, but then laugh with me when I say I like to rescue the misfit "toys".

Am I in the wrong?! LOL

I just wish I would have rescued the pull toy snowman by Martha Stewart that was missing a leg, that I saw when I bought the sled & tree. The next day I went back to get him & found out K'Mart sent it back to the company for credit. :-(

Comments (2)