Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Anyone up for a swap??

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Okay now that I have your attention. I went to a estate sale today where they had tons of sheet music from the 50's I was wondering if anyone was interested in it. It is in good shape and slightly yellowed, they would be great for collages, crafts, tags or for someone to sing or play on piano. I would like to trade for supplies for crafting, or just a mix of things, I don't care. I can send 4-5 pieces of music each with multiple pages. Just seeing if anyone is interested.

Would also be interested in a swap of "stuff" buttons, linens, old jewelry, beads, bangles, or as my kids would call them, pretties. We could do it in an envelope or box what ever. Thought it would be fun to do a vintage trade of misc. stuff to others.

Comments (10)

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

It sounds like fun. I hesitate only because I probably should be sending out and not receiving! Dh has just told me we need to get a bunch of stuff out of the cellar to make way for a new wood pellet boiler. We've planned to do that for years, but now we have to get it in before we finish screening in the back porch (another door to go thru will make it tricky to get in.) That means I have to bring future garden art upstairs where i keep my pretties. I put lol then erased it. Yikes I'm a collector for sure. How about a big envelope or very small box?
    kathy

• nmgirl
    15 years ago

I'd like some but I don't think I have anything to swap. My crafts don't usually involve sparklies and such.
    I think I might have some fabric ribbon tucked away somewhere.....I might could rustle up some seegar boxes. Hmmm I'll have to go digging in some corners.
    Can you give me a few more ideas of things you like?

• carmelita1
    15 years ago

Could you email me please with a list of crafting supplies you might be interested in? I have a ton of various supplies but need more specific items that you might have in mind to get. I always have things that little girls would like :O) BTW how are the kids doing...I remember you posting that one of them was having surgery and had emailed you awile back.

Thanks,
    Carmen

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Maybe we should post stuff that we have a lot of and see who would like some.
    kathy

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

I'm not sparkly either nmgirl. I sure would love a seegar box though! But would hate to have you pay for shipping. The local cigar store went out of bus. before I realized I could probably get some there.
    What I have alot of is decoupage papers. I also have some already cut out flowers and birds that I printed myself. (that's how I spent evenings one winter, lol) I know there's more. I'll have to poke around. Just weede out scrapbook stuff and gave some to friend of dd. Then I wished I had my chalk to figure out where the front door is sticking, lol.
    kathy

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Heck, I thought maybe you wanted to swap husbands or something..LOL only kidding.. I am a widow.. LOL might want to check with Kudz she uses sheet music for her crafts..
    Huggy

• girlsingardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carmen,

I would love to email you but the email that you sent earlier didn't have a return email. Also your post was sent to my email but I couldn't respond. Email me at girlsingardens@yahoo.com from your email address. Looking foreward to hearing from you.

As for my family, we met our deductible by the 14th of January. Everyone is doing well and on the rebound, I hope at least. I am still having some problems but hope that time will clear them up.

Stacie

• girlsingardens
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a list of my "Stuff to share"

old music
    buttons
    bows
    yarn
    wooden spools
    handkerchiefs
    vintage linens
    crocheted pieces
    trims
    stickers
    odds and ends:)
    flowers
    paper flowers that I make
    pieces of felt
    fabric( smaller pieces 1/2 a yard or so)
    ebroidery floss
    trim (rick rac, dingle ball trim, fuzzy trim"
    styrophome balls.
    And what ever else I can dig up.

I would be interested in anything, just something new would be great.

Stacie
    girlsingardens

• grannyicu
    15 years ago

OK I SAW LAST YEAR A XMAS TREE MADE WITH A CONE HAD ALL KINDS OF BUTTONS ON IT. HUM! ALSO A TREE IN A FRAME MADE WITH ALL KINDS OF OLD JEWERLY, I HAVE LOST OF OLD EARINGS BUT THE ALL MATCH I WORE IN THE 70 THAT WOULD BE GREAT, I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON SOME OLD BANGLE BRACELETS I LOVE MY BRACELETS. WHAT IS THE CROCHETED PIECES? HOW BIG ARE THE BOWS? HOW MUCH YARN IS THERE? THE FABRIC THAT WOULD BE GREAT TO MAKE YO YO STUFF. THE FLOWERS ARE THEY SILK I AM LOOKING FOR SMALL CARNATION AND ALSO THE CUSANUMOMS MISSED SPELLED TO MAKE FLOWER DOGS THERE SOOOOO CUTE. OK GIRLS PLEASE LET ME KNOE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE FROM ME. SO WE CAN HAVE A PLAY DAY. HUGS JAN

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

You know what I have is 4 or 5 of those frames that you use to display fabric in. You know two small hoops that hold the fabric between and have little screws to tighten. I just don't think I'll use them. They are small but in various sizes round and oval, maybe 5 inches to 7 inches. I just went to look for them to measure but they are buried under stuff from the kitchen still,lol. I would love a few pieces of old jewelry for my crafting, especially flower shapes and for a current mosaic project of several fishes and a frog and I'm looking for old earrings that would make good fish eyes.
    kathy