Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hurricane lampshade snowlady

Posted by gram_nh (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 08 at 20:11

I actually think that this might have been one of Heidi's ideas from the old Aleenes show!! I know the bread dough rose on her hat and the rose buttons are from the show.

This is probably one of my favorite snowmen, whoops lady, I have ever done. It is a glass hurricane shade covered in snow tex, felt for the hat...open at top. I use a battery tealight in it now, but use to use the real thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snowlady

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hurricane lampshade snowlady

I am going to try and make that too......I have found so many great things to try out now. Wonderful ideas......oh how good that I found this place. Well tomorrow is Thursday, so Saturday I will hit the Salvation Army Thrift Store to see what I can find.
Maddya

o

I just love snowman of any kind, and yours is just sooo cute!
I have made a few things with the saltdough and just love it, endless ideas and ways to use it.
oddie

o

Gram - I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of going through your whole photobucket album - you have such a vast variety of homemade ornaments - many I have done so we must have either watched the same shows or had the same books :)

I also loved your Halloween posts - they are just darling - I had to show them to my husband and he said he would cut some 4x4's into any length I wanted - we have a bunch of scrap to work from - I especially love the pumpkins

Thanks for sharing your ideas

Lynne

o

Hi ..I've been a longtime lurker...but decided to try to post some of my snowmen yesterday ,,, but cant do it.I do some from wine bottles with lights in them etc. Wish I could figure how to post...can anyone please help ? I really want to share!! lol!! Donna

o

Donna, I posted a link for you on another one of your posts today, but I'll post it here too since I'm not sure which place you will come back to check. Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Posting Pics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here