Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oddie_gw

Bunnie box photo

oddie
16 years ago

She did turn out cute, need to improve on the ears,and make myself get out the sewing machine , dont care for those paper boxes the bottom looks good but its covered with wallpaper, the top maybe should have been covered with something, dont leave a nice surface for painting on, maybe try this project agine useing a tin.

oddie

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

She sure turned out cute Oddie. You are so fast at getting things done. I have been trying to figure out how the ears would be attached. What did you do to make them stay on. And how do you plan to store it?

I think the tins would work really well too, and we could recycle and keep them out of the landfills which is a plus. ;o)

Luvs

• honeysuckleridge
    16 years ago

oh I think it's adorable!! I LOVE IT just like it is!! Your work is always awesome!!!

ginger

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

I agree, I think it looks fantastic just as it is Oddie. You're not giving yourself the credit you should be. You have always shown us to be a very talented crafter - your projects always made with the highest standards.

Sal

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Oh,that is SO cute! Looks great just the way it is!

• gram_NH
    16 years ago

Oddie, you amaze me!!!

I have only painted one of those paper mache boxes and found it to be a rough surface. Then someone told me to use modge podge or an acrylic sealer on first and it would paint up better. Haven't tried it yet.

A few years ago, my GD had a head band with bunny ears, that looked just like the ones in the first pic. DD doesn't remember where she got them but is betting it was a Dollar store. Will have to keep my eyes open for them.

Again, you just amaze me!

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you! you guys give me to much credit! you know how it is, if something on your project doesnt look good to you then you wont be happy with it, I will try agine!
    Luvs I drilled holes in the top and stuffed the end of the ears in the hole, left some of the terry cloth so I had something to glue down, covered the inside top with a piece of wallpaper, now I dont know how I would store it, guess in another box, might give it to my oldest GD filled with goodies!
    Thanks gram_nh for the info,was the frist box like that I painted, was thinking the small box I have would make a cute purse/easter basket for my younger GD, will give the spray a try on it.
    Thanks agine!
    oddie

• lynnencfan
    16 years ago

Oddie - that is so cute - such a happy bunny. Your work is so good ....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Oddie, you really have a knack for seeing a pic and figuring out all the details of how to do it. I find that part challenging to me.

The little face on this box reminded me of some bunny faces painted on cut out heart shapes that I always meant to do. Now I'm motivated to search for that again too. LOL

I think your round box looks better than using a square one. And the square ones I have are not very deep so don't think they will work for this project. However, next trip to the TS, I will plan on looking for some tins that could be spray painted and used to do these. Thanks for always sharing such good ideas with us. ;o)

Luvs

• oddie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks luvs, I can usely see something and make my idea of it, thats why I save photos , then cant remenber where I saw them LOL!
    Happy Crafting
    oddie