Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tami_ohio

Are there any beaders here? Peyote ?

tami_ohio
12 years ago

Hi, I am most active on the Kitchen Table forum, but do check in here sometimes.

I am a beginning beader. I have ONE bracelet that I learned to do in a class, and have no idea what the stitch might be called. I purchased a book to learn the different stitches. I have been working on the spiral and managed a bracelet and a pair of earrings for Halloween. I would like to learn the peyote stitch, but just can't get reading the pattern thru my head. I have watched many YouTube videos, but none show a pattern or how to read it. I've tried Fire Mountain Gems site, and Beading Daily's sites with no luck. The book I have shows a black and white bracelet, supposedly so it would be easy to read. I can do counted cross stitch, but the peyote pattern just blurs together,and I get lost. I can manage the first couple of rows where there is no design to the pattern, but once it starts changing from plain stitch to a design, I get lost. Can someone explain an easy way for me to read these pattersn? If so, I greatly appreciate it!

Tami

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz