Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shetland_gw

Tutus Anyone?

shetland
14 years ago

I just started making "No Sew" tutus for DD and to give as gifts for my friend's DDs for b-days, etc. So far, I have made two of them and they have come out really well, especially considering I am pretty un-crafty. The one thing that is making them "amateur" looking is that the ribbon wrapped around the waist-band is sloppy-looking and I can't figure out how to make it look neat. I am supposed to be wrapping the satin ribbon around the elastic waist-band, in between the pieces of tulle, but somehow it just doesn't look neat and you can still see the waist-band when it is done. Any tips?

One more thing- I would like to try to attach a large flower to the waist-band and have only been able to find the ones at Michael's and AC Moore that are attached to stems in the floral section. Are these the same ones and I am supposed to just cut off the stems, or are there different ones specifically designated for clothing/accessory use? I asked the woman there and the ones she showed me were tiny little "embellishments" that cam in a bag. I want to ones that look real. Thankls for any advice!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH