Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I've a couple dozen of these Jack Daniel's metal boxes

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 13, 11 at 15:44

I've a couple dozen of these Jack Daniel's metal boxes

JACK DANIELS Old No7 Leatherette Box 70cl Bottle and I keep thinking there must be some crafts use for them.

Any suggestions, or links to suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I've a couple dozen of these Jack Daniel's metal boxes

Wow, those are cool! First thing I thought of was a newspaper box, if you get a daily paper delivered you probably know what I mean.

o

Store knitting needles or crochet hooks in them! That's what my DH drinks, but I've never seen the metal boxes.

Tami

o

We had a bunch of Bailey's Irish cream ones ... they just ended up being used to save change in . I wish I could think of somethiing more ~~

o

They make wonderful storage container if you own a seasonal home.
You can store silverware in them, paper cups, paper towels, TP, bathroom supplies, tissues, anything you don't want a uninvited guess to chew on while you are gone.
I have a few out at our cottages and they are wonderful for that sort of thing.

If you're a big fan of JD how about a lamp for the bar area. A simple lamp kit and a drill should make it a fairly easy task.

Drill a hole big enough for a bird to go in and out and a few holes for drainage and ventilation and secure them to a fence or wall and you've got a bird condo. Easy clean out since the lids open up.

Pull back the lids, drill some drainage holes fill with dirt and add some flower seeds. Grouped together they'd look cute hanging on a fence or sitting on the porch .

o

I had thought of the bird house idea and the seed planting idea and wondered if they might get too hot. I think I will try those anyway. The boxes is really just trash on a shelf in the garage but each time I think of tossing them they seem just to cute and I wait another year.

o

Turn them upside down, paint them, and make a pendant lighting fixture out of them? You could decoratively pierce the sides.

Paint them, strap or glue them together, possibly in a tray, and use them to organize your paint brushes, or tools, nuts and bolts, or other crafty items.

Stuff them into your sock drawer and store your balled up socks in them. Or in your undie drawer for undies. Or in any drawer to help sort/organize. Guess it would have to be a deep drawer.

Paint, strap together and hang on the wall for storage.

o

Those are neat. What are their inside dimensions please?

o

If you have a slew of them they are great for storing Christmas balls. or organizing wrapping paper.

o

Wine rack.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here