Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albert_135

I've a couple dozen of these Jack Daniel's metal boxes

I've a couple dozen of these Jack Daniel's metal boxes

and I keep thinking there must be some crafts use for them.

Any suggestions, or links to suggestions?

Comments (9)

• prairiegirlz5
    13 years ago

Wow, those are cool! First thing I thought of was a newspaper box, if you get a daily paper delivered you probably know what I mean.

• tami_ohio
    13 years ago

Store knitting needles or crochet hooks in them! That's what my DH drinks, but I've never seen the metal boxes.

Tami

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

We had a bunch of Bailey's Irish cream ones ... they just ended up being used to save change in . I wish I could think of somethiing more ~~

• Carol_from_ny
    13 years ago

They make wonderful storage container if you own a seasonal home.
    You can store silverware in them, paper cups, paper towels, TP, bathroom supplies, tissues, anything you don't want a uninvited guess to chew on while you are gone.
    I have a few out at our cottages and they are wonderful for that sort of thing.

If you're a big fan of JD how about a lamp for the bar area. A simple lamp kit and a drill should make it a fairly easy task.

Drill a hole big enough for a bird to go in and out and a few holes for drainage and ventilation and secure them to a fence or wall and you've got a bird condo. Easy clean out since the lids open up.

Pull back the lids, drill some drainage holes fill with dirt and add some flower seeds. Grouped together they'd look cute hanging on a fence or sitting on the porch .

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I had thought of the bird house idea and the seed planting idea and wondered if they might get too hot. I think I will try those anyway. The boxes is really just trash on a shelf in the garage but each time I think of tossing them they seem just to cute and I wait another year.

• oceanna
    13 years ago

Turn them upside down, paint them, and make a pendant lighting fixture out of them? You could decoratively pierce the sides.

Paint them, strap or glue them together, possibly in a tray, and use them to organize your paint brushes, or tools, nuts and bolts, or other crafty items.

Stuff them into your sock drawer and store your balled up socks in them. Or in your undie drawer for undies. Or in any drawer to help sort/organize. Guess it would have to be a deep drawer.

Paint, strap together and hang on the wall for storage.

• justgotabme
    13 years ago

Those are neat. What are their inside dimensions please?

• tugsmomma
    13 years ago

If you have a slew of them they are great for storing Christmas balls. or organizing wrapping paper.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wine rack.
    Kathy

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz