Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Blocks--PICS

Posted by qtiemom (qtmom15@hotmail.com) on
Fri, Jan 16, 09 at 15:35

I get mine at either Home Depot or Lowes for $3.75 a block and I think like $36.00 for a case--- my hubby uses a diamond drill bit with a bit of cold water to cool the drill bit off. It is so much cheaper and doesn't take long at all.
I do the ones with just bows and I also do ones with pics

Photobucket Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Blocks--PICS

Qtiemom, your glass blocks are just beautiful.. thanks for sharing, gives me tons of ideas for next year.. may I ask where do you find such lovely pictures..?
Huggy

o

Those are sooooo beautiful !!!!
bopeep

o

Thank You Thank You! I usually get my graphics online. There are lots of sites that you can get them free....I will go through my list and give you some websites as soon as I can get a day off...lol

Thank you both for the comments!

Hugsssssssssss

o

Very pretty and very classy. I've got a case of these sitting in my garage and have had plans to make them for 2 years now! LOL Maybe this will be the year I do that. Thanks for sharing and I'd also love to see some of the links you have for graphics. Hope you have a great day!

Jenn

o

How do you get your pic's and what do you put them on with...BEAUTIFUL...

o

qtiemon

I was just browsing the site and came across this post.

I love your blocks. I have 25-30 in my garage right now
waiting to be made.
I got mine with the holes already in them from Hobby Lobby.
They are normally $10.00 each, but with a coupon I got them half price.

I also stocked up on battery operated Christmas lights to use.

Are your lights plug in or are they battery?

Also, how did you get the pictures to stay on the glass?

Beautiful Job.

Oma

o

Really beautiful!! I like all of them!! Jan

o

Just Beautiful! made one a few years ago, not as pretty as yours of course, have one in my craft room I need to do, just cant deside how I want to decorate it, got a pretty handy hubby so cutting out the hole wont be a problem.
TFS!
oddie

o

how do you get the pictures to stick and where do you find therm they are awesome

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here