Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kudzu

Posted by barb_from_pa (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 4, 10 at 14:12

You always have such neat things going on. I wanted to ask you for ideas for valentines for my ladies group to make for shut-in folks from our church. I try to do something different each year. I think maybe we did teabag folding last year. I am having trouble coming up with a new idea. If you have any Valentine ideas rattling around in your brilliant brain, I would sure appreciate hearing about them. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kudzu

thank you Barb!
I can sure think on it some :D
I bet all of us on the forums can come up with something just right...let's get our heads together and see what we come up with!
I'll get back to you soon!
kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

I found a craft on AllFreeCrafts, and made one. It's quick,easy and useful and pretty. I'm still looking for ideas :D Link and the one I made on my blog.
This is the heart shaped one, and I also made a round one, equally pretty. All You need are the paper doilies, tissue or cotton balls to spray the scent on, glue, ribbon, and small flowers and trims. I used what I already had on hand, lol.
handmade paper doily valentine

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

You are so sweet - thanks!

o

you're welcome :D

here's a paper cone, for flowers or candy, would be great for shut-ins! make a larger cone, use some floral foam and aluminum foil to wrap the flowers and foam, and it will last a lot longer for a shut-in. it could also hang from a head board or dresser knob so they can see it.
paper cone valentine

Here is a link that might be useful: kudzu's blog

o

hi kudzu -- i like that name, for a project i was wondering if you know where i can get some free kudzu vine for crafting, and could you suggest a simple project to start with. thanks for any help.

o

i don't know what zone you live in, but it's all over the south. if that's the case, ask your neighbors and they'll be thrilled to let you chop some down. be careful, you don't want to accidentally let this nasty stuff start growing in your own yard!
when you find some kudzu vines...here's a link to help get you going on some projects.

Here is a link that might be useful: kudzu info and links

o

What is always amazing to me is that the flower is never mentioned!!!!
It is a beautiful flower, similar to a wisteria flower. I know because in the late 1930's, Daddy planted a vine for a trellis in our yard. I could sit in the swing on the porch and smell the flowers. It never spread much, but after Daddy saw, in the north end of the county, that is was invasive he removed it from the yard. I guess it was there probably 8-9 years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here