Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb_from_pa

kudzu

barb_from_pa
14 years ago

You always have such neat things going on. I wanted to ask you for ideas for valentines for my ladies group to make for shut-in folks from our church. I try to do something different each year. I think maybe we did teabag folding last year. I am having trouble coming up with a new idea. If you have any Valentine ideas rattling around in your brilliant brain, I would sure appreciate hearing about them. Thanks!!

Comments (7)

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

thank you Barb!
    I can sure think on it some :D
    I bet all of us on the forums can come up with something just right...let's get our heads together and see what we come up with!
    I'll get back to you soon!
    kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

I found a craft on AllFreeCrafts, and made one. It's quick,easy and useful and pretty. I'm still looking for ideas :D Link and the one I made on my blog.
    This is the heart shaped one, and I also made a round one, equally pretty. All You need are the paper doilies, tissue or cotton balls to spray the scent on, glue, ribbon, and small flowers and trims. I used what I already had on hand, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

• barb_from_pa
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You are so sweet - thanks!

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

you're welcome :D

here's a paper cone, for flowers or candy, would be great for shut-ins! make a larger cone, use some floral foam and aluminum foil to wrap the flowers and foam, and it will last a lot longer for a shut-in. it could also hang from a head board or dresser knob so they can see it.

Here is a link that might be useful: kudzu's blog

• dandydoodx75
    14 years ago

hi kudzu -- i like that name, for a project i was wondering if you know where i can get some free kudzu vine for crafting, and could you suggest a simple project to start with. thanks for any help.

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

i don't know what zone you live in, but it's all over the south. if that's the case, ask your neighbors and they'll be thrilled to let you chop some down. be careful, you don't want to accidentally let this nasty stuff start growing in your own yard!
    when you find some kudzu vines...here's a link to help get you going on some projects.

Here is a link that might be useful: kudzu info and links

• nonacook
    14 years ago

What is always amazing to me is that the flower is never mentioned!!!!
    It is a beautiful flower, similar to a wisteria flower. I know because in the late 1930's, Daddy planted a vine for a trellis in our yard. I could sit in the swing on the porch and smell the flowers. It never spread much, but after Daddy saw, in the north end of the county, that is was invasive he removed it from the yard. I guess it was there probably 8-9 years.